Food IHOP's Has Three New Outrageous Pancake Flavors
What Are Smoothie Pancakes, and How Do I Make Them?
<p>Yes, you can turn your breakfast smoothie into a short stack. Here's how.</p>Yes, you can turn your breakfast smoothie into a short stack. Here's how.
At this point, we can't imagine a specialty pancake from IHOP that's not absolutely . If it's not half-dessert, half-breakfast, is it really an IHOP creation? This spring's new lineup maintains that tradition.
Related video: Banana Pudding Pancakes = Your Excuse To Eat Dessert For Breakfast
Created to celebrate IHOP's 60th year of serving up flapjacks, the new menu is also a nod to the breakfast joint's namesake with three internationally inspired pancakes. First up is English Sticky Toffee: a classic buttermilk stack filled with crunchy English toffee and layered with salted toffee mousse. As if that weren't enough, the stack is topped with salted caramel sauce and more crunchy English toffee pieces. If you live for Heath bars, this will be your thing.
Green Gummy Bears Are Strawberry-Flavored and Our Minds Are Blown
Gummy bears are not the innocent, adorable snacks that they seem. They’ve been living a lie. The flavors of gummy bears have nothing to do with their colors — and one of our favorite snacks will never be the same. Some candies, like Skittles for instance, are simply colored and scented differently but taste exactly the same. The outer shells of Skittles taste somewhat different — but the chewy insides are identical in every morsel. After hearing about this travesty, reporters over at NPR recently started wondering whether gummy bears had distinct flavors at all.
Next up is Mexican Tres Leches. If you haven't had the, you're missing out big time, but these pancakes can whet your appetite. To mimic the traditional cake, which is soaked in three different kinds of milk, four buttermilk pancakes are layered with vanilla sauce, then topped with more vanilla sauce and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
The last new flavor will test even the biggest chocolate lover's tolerance for sweets. An order of Belgian Dark Chocolate Mousse comes with four chocolate pancakes stuffed with chocolate chips and layered with a Belgian dark chocolate mousse, then topped with more mousse and chocolate chips.
The world's prettiest Kit Kat bar has finally arrived
Swiss chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has teamed up with Nestle to create the world's first candy bar made from ruby chocolate.As if Kit Kat flavors like Sake, Sweet Potato and Strawberry Cheesecake weren't unique enough, Japan has upped the ante by debuting a millennial-pink version of the wafer-filled chocolate bar.
If you're already plotting out how soon you can try all three, make sure to take snaps when you do. If you upload photos of each new dish between now and June 10 to the IHOP app, you'll be entered to win free breakfast at IHOP every day for a full year. Each week throughout the contest, one participant will win a $25 gift card, too.
Related gallery: 14 Things to Know Before Eating at IHOP
- Free pancakes. While that's true-at least for the past 11 years-IHOP's also used it as a way to raise money for local charities. To date, the brand has donated $20 million, and if you stacked up all of the free flapjacks, you'd have a supersized-stack that'd be 19 miles tall." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-2-of-15-p-national-pancake-day-may-make-you-think-of-one-thing-and-one-thing-only-a-href-http-_733137_.jpg?content=1" title="National Pancake Day may make you think of one thing and one thing only: Free pancakes. While that's... - Facebook/IHOP" />
The chain dished out 6.6 million free pancakes last year.
- " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-3-of-15-p-block-off-your-calendar-for-the-first-month-and-a-half-of-the-year-ihop-hosts-an-all_502022_.jpg?content=1" title="Block off your calendar: For the first month and a half of the year, IHOP hosts an "all-you-can-eat"... - Facebook/IHOP" />
The company goes buffet-style for six weeks out of the year.
- Empty Plate Stack Challenge Champions.
Last year's winner, Georgia-based Team Tankbone ate 68 pancakes between the seven of them, piling up 34 plates total.
They took home a trophy, customized shirts and gluttonous bragging rights for life." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-4-of-15-p-if-you-were-the-kid-who-was-always-picked-last-in-gym-class-theres-still-hope-you-ca_315229_.img?content=1" title="If you were the kid who was always picked last in gym class, there's still hope you can find your id... - Facebook/IHOP" />
It makes pancake-eating a team sport.
- IHOP's Pancake Revolution email list, and you'll snag a voucher for a free order of Rooty Tooty Fresh N' Fruity Pancakes-as well as another batch every year on your birthday. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-5-of-15-p-sign-up-for-a-href-http-www-ihop-com-pancake-revolution-ihops-pancake-revolution-a-e_458970_.png?content=1" title="Sign up for IHOP's Pancake Revolution email list, and you'll snag a voucher for a free order of Root... - Facebook/IHOP" />
You can score free pancakes on your birthday if you do this.
Pumpkin's so popular it practically inspired its own section of the menu.
- its first store in Toluca Lake, CA, in 1958. At that time, the average American's annual income was $5,000, a loaf of bread cost 19 cents, and Elvis Presley had started serving in the U.S. Army, according to the brand's 56th birthday announcement. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-7-of-15-p-ihop-opened-a-href-http-www-ihopsrp-com-pancake-php-its-first-store-in-toluca-lake-c_421726_.jpg?content=1" title="IHOP opened its first store in Toluca Lake, CA, in 1958. At that time, the average American's annual... - Facebook/IHOP" />
It's a baby boomer.
IHOP wasn't actually "international" until 11 years after it launched.
It crushes the funnel-cake competition.
It sells 700 million pancakes a year.
- Marie Grimm, vice president of culinary innovation. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-11-of-15-p-first-its-griddles-are-set-to-350-degrees-f-which-creates-an-evenly-cooked-golden-b_988677_.png?content=1" title="First, its griddles are set to 350 degrees F, which creates an evenly cooked, golden brown pancake. ... - Courtesy of IHOP" />
Two things help IHOP create flawless pancakes every time.
It wants to inspire your promposal.
- New York Times reported. (The "old-fashioned" syrup that comes standard in all stores is artificially flavored.)" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-13-of-15-p-for-an-extra-99-cents-you-can-get-real-vermont-maple-syrup-but-only-at-stores-withi_867566_.jpg?content=1" title="For an extra 99 cents, you can get real Vermont maple syrup, but only at stores within the state, th... - Facebook/IHOP" />
You can only get this at IHOPs in Vermont.
- " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-14-of-15-p-with-tweets-like-my-favorite-pancake-topping-is-two-additional-pancakes-and-one-of-_163553_.img?content=1" title="With tweets like "my favorite pancake topping is two additional pancakes" and "one of those days whe... - Facebook/IHOP" />
Its Twitter account will crack you up.
- watch the chain's cameo here (but maybe with headphones if kids are around; explicit language and all that). " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-15-of-15-p-okay-so-it-didnt-get-as-much-play-as-ed-helmss-mike-tyson-esque-face-tattoo-but-sti_496740_.img?content=1" title="Okay, so it didn't get as much play as Ed Helms's Mike Tyson-esque face tattoo, but still, IHOP's pr... - Warner Bros." />
It starred alongside Bradley Cooper in 2011.
Follow Delish on.
Download the Delish.
We Taste Tested 6 Popular Pancake Mixes. Here’s What You Should Know. .
Learn which brand of pancake mix made us flip in this blind taste test.On the weekends, my morning ritual is like many: I ease into the day with a good old-fashioned homemade breakfast. My go-to? Fluffy Pancakes. Without the a.m. rush, I have time to carefully measure ingredients and even dabble with new flavors like orange-ricotta and pumpkin. On weekdays, though, the kitchen scene is much different—there's hardly enough time to down a cup of coffee, much less break out the measuring cups. Still, I can get golden-brown pancakes on the table—and I don't have to put my morning routine into hyperdrive to do it.
TASTING IHOP PANCAKES
CLICK HERE to watch the new PSYCHIC TWINS video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i40Vot8DAAk CLICK HERE for my NEW PODCAST with MICHELLE VISAGE! iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/shane-a...
TASTING CRAZY PANCAKES with THE GABBIE SHOW!
Click here to watch more on Gabbie's channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czjddb9OESk New Podcast Episode: iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/shane-and-friends/id658136421?mt=2...
Tuesday, 13 march 2018
Netflix's new baking show "Nailed It!" was inspired by a popular meme in which people document their wildly unsuccessful attempts to follow Pinterest recipes. In each episode, three home bakers try their best to recreate elaborate cakes, treats, and more.The results are […]
Tuesday, 13 march 2018
Cracker Barrel Launches Three New Menu Items Designed to Delight SouthernersAvailable nationwide March 19th for $8.99 each, the comfort food maestros will be launching three seasonal "Southern Bowls" that riff on traditional favorites. First, there's the Fried Chicken Benedict bowl […]
Wednesday, 07 march 2018
A McDonald's in Lynwood, California, has turned its golden-arches sign upside down. The change was made in "celebration of women everywhere," according to the company.People driving by a McDonald's location in Lynwood, California, might be baffled by a sign that has been […]
Tuesday, 13 february 2018
<p>If a piece of the appliance is removable, pull that sucker off and wash it after use. Ideally, every use.</p>Here’s a good rule of thumb when it comes to cleaning kitchen appliances: If a piece of the appliance is removable, pull that sucker off and wash it after use. Ideally, […]
Monday, 26 february 2018
After a month and a half of submissions and a long waiting period, the Pillsbury Bake-Off 2018 finally has a winner. On Saturday (February 24), Pillsbury announced that Amy Nelson of Zionville, North Carolina, has won the Bake-Off with her Bejeweled Cranberry-Orange Rolls. After a […]
Monday, 12 march 2018
First Banana Nut, now Peach Cheerios is on a fruit kick.Starting this month, limited edition Peach Cheerios will roll out in grocery stores nationwide. They're expected to stay in stores throughout spring, so you can transition from Peach Cheerios to another limited edition gem, […]
Thursday, 22 february 2018
Despite its pancakes being some of the best around, IHOP does more than just fluffy flapjacks . This secret menu contains some pretty surprising additions, actually. That being said, the next time you find yourself at the breakfast chain, here's what you should be ordering off the IHOP […]
Thursday, 22 february 2018
Alright, alright, alright…it’s time for a Carl’s Jr. rebrand and they pulled out all the stops to advertise their western bacon cheeseburger. Trying their best to deviate from scantily-clad women eating gigantic burgers (two things that do not necessarily have much to do with each other) […]