Smart Living IKEA water dispenser for pets recalled because of suffocation hazard

19:53  12 july  2018
19:53  12 july  2018 Source:   abc10.com

Childhood Pets May Make People Mentally Healthier

  Childhood Pets May Make People Mentally Healthier If you're looking for a good reason to adopt a shelter animal, maybe consider this one.A milder version of “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” principle has long been applied to our immune systems in an attempt to explain why children who grow up with pets and in less spotless environments are less prone to develop hay fever, asthma and allergies. One of the authors of this latest paper, University of Colorado at Boulder physiologist Christopher Lowry, noted that he first thought this hypothesis—often called the hygiene hypothesis—might be relevant about 10 years ago. “This is really the first test of that hypothesis in humans,” he told Newsweek.

[National] Effective immediately, IKEA Canada is recalling the LURVIG water dispenser for pets due to risk for dogs and cats getting their heads stuck in the dome of the water dispenser with possible suffocation as consequence.

Ikea Canada is recalling a water dispenser for pets due to a risk of suffocation . The company made the move after receiving reports that two dogs got their heads stuck in the dispenser 's dome and suffocated .

a close up of a pan © Provided by TEGNA Inc. An IKEA water bowl is being recalled for a potential suffocation hazard to pets.

The "LURVIG water dispenser for pets" was sold from October 2017 to June 2018 in U.S. stores for $7.99, according to the company's website.

IKEA says it has received two reports where an animal got its head stuck in the dispenser, causing them to suffocate.

Customers are asked to stop using the product and return it to the store for a full refund.

Anyone with questions can visit IKEA's website or call 888-966-4532.

Related: Seatbelts for Dogs [Provided by Autoblog Minute]

Warnings resurface about cedar chests over suffocation fears .
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is urging people who own Lane or Virginia Maid cedar chests to remove latches that pose a safety risk to children.The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is urging anyone who owns a Lane or Virginia Maid cedar chest to replace or remove the latch and lock because of the danger it poses to children.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!