Style See Lynda Carter’s Inspiring Words About Aging Naturally
A Surprising Number of Young Kids Think Birthday Parties Are the Cause of Aging
New research shows that many young children, prior to reaching the age of six or seven, mistakenly believe that birthday parties cause aging. It’s a truly adorable finding, but the study also offers an important glimpse into the developing brain and our early tendency to seek out causal explanations for the unfolding world around us. What would happen if a kid were given not one, but two birthday parties? Sounds like an amazing deal, but for many children in the three-to-five set, this is a very challenging question.
Hollywood icon Lynda Carter is 66 years old, and, , she looks every bit as stunning now as she did when she first donned her red, white, and blue bodysuit and gold crown in 1975. But unlike some of her celebrity peers—like Jane Fonda, —she isn’t planning on going under the knife anytime soon.
Not that there’s anything wrong with getting a little nip tuck if you so want; after all, as a symbol of female empowerment, Carter is all about the woman’s right to choose. But in the age-obsessed world of Hollywood, it’s still nonetheless inspiring to see an aging sex symbol to address what it’s like to get older with honesty and grace.
Could Melatonin Fight The Effects Of Aging?
Melatonin could be important for people as they get older because of the hormone’s role in sleep and circadian rhythm.The sleep hormone melatonin could be crucial for people as they get older because of the role sleep and the body’s daily rhythm play in brain health.
“It is what it is,” she said of aging, in anwith The Daily Beast. “I’m not going to get all cut up. With all that stuff, I’m too afraid of looking different, so I don’t think I will.”
Of course, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t get any help at all from modern science.
“You have your little Botox. I do a little bit now and then… not very much, as you can tell,” she said.
But, ultimately, the star credits one thing with her glamorous looks: good genes.
“Listen, when my mom passed away she was almost 90. She didn’t have a wrinkle on her face when she died, I’m not kidding you. I think part of it is just genetics. And my dad looks really great. He’s 95, he looks amazing. I know too many people who have had work done and they look terrible. I think my ego’s too fragile. I think I’d be afraid of looking scary.”
Meet the 'Super Agers' Who Are Out to Prove You're Only as Old as You Feel
<p>Researchers have identified a group of individuals called “super agers" — people in their 70s and 80s who have the mental or physical capability of those decades younger.</p>Recently, high school students in San Diego witnessed several women, who could have been their grandmothers, playing each other on a basketball court.
Nowadays, Carter is living in Potomac, Maryland, with her second husband, Robert Altman, the CEO of ZeniMax Media. The two have been married for 34 years, and are, by all accounts, very happy (“I married an amazing human being,” she said. “He’s the love of my life and he is a tremendous father.”) She began a career as a jazz singer after the end of the ’70s TV show that made her famous, and is finally receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on April 3, for which she is “thrilled beyond belief, over the moon.”
Gallery: 30 ways to feel better about your body instantly
- 15 Daily Habits That Are Killing Your Confidence. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-1-of-31-between-social-media-and-magazine-ads-it-isn-t-always-easy-to-look-at-your-body-in-a-p_935509_.jpg?content=1" title="Between social media and magazine ads, it isn’t always easy to look at your body in a positive light... - Provided by Best Life" />
- click here to sign up for our FREE daily newsletter!" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-2-of-31-of-course-the-absolute-best-source-of-water-yes-even-more-than-cucumbers-and-watermelo_775001_.jpg?content=1" title="Of course, the absolute best source of water—yes, even more than cucumbers and watermelon—on the pla... - Provided by Best Life" />
1. Flavor your water.
- study published in the journal Cerebral Cortex. And if you’re having difficulty getting off the couch, learn the 11 Ways Smart People Motivate Themselves to Go to the Gym." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-3-of-31-don-t-worry-you-don-t-need-to-run-a-marathon-simply-putting-on-your-sneakers-and-going_583057_.jpg?content=1" title="Don’t worry—you don’t need to run a marathon. Simply putting on your sneakers and going outside for ... - Provided by Best Life" />
2. Go on a quick run.
- 20 Science-Backed Ways to Motivate Yourself to Lose Weight." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-4-of-31-you-can-feel-great-about-yourself-before-stepping-on-it-then-after-seeing-the-number-t_27303_.jpg?content=1" title="You can feel great about yourself before stepping on it, then after seeing the number that pops up, ... - Provided by Best Life" />
3. Ditch your scale.
- 11 Lingerie Sets You’ll Both Love." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-5-of-31-yep-even-if-it-s-just-for-you-when-you-take-the-time-to-pick-out-lingerie-you-feel-sex_337486_.jpg?content=1" title="Yep, even if it’s just for you. When you take the time to pick out lingerie you feel sexy in, that c... - Provided by Best Life" />
4. Buy lingerie.
- 15 Daily Habits That Are Killing Your Confidence. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-6-of-31-between-social-media-and-magazine-ads-it-isn-t-always-easy-to-look-at-your-body-in-a-p_980837_.jpg?content=1" title="Between social media and magazine ads, it isn’t always easy to look at your body in a positive light... - Provided by Best Life" />
5. Wear sleek, dark colors.
- 70 Genius Tricks to Boost Your Confidence!" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-7-of-31-you-would-think-getting-naked-might-make-you-feel-worse-about-your-body-but-it-s-quite_398364_.jpg?content=1" title="You would think getting naked might make you feel worse about your body, but it’s quite the opposite... - Provided by Best Life" />
6. Get frisky.
7. Compliment yourself.
8. Turn down the lights.
- Here’s Why You Should Sleep with Your Feet Outside the Covers." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-10-of-31-it-s-easy-to-focus-on-the-negatives-about-yourself-the-crazy-thing-though-is-people-f_194144_.img?content=1" title="It’s easy to focus on the negatives about yourself. The crazy thing, though, is people forget just h... - Provided by Best Life" />
9. Be grateful for what you have.
- Time." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-11-of-31-bananas-are-jam-packed-with-potassium-and-that-s-good-news-for-your-body-when-you-re-_409147_.jpg?content=1" title="Bananas are jam-packed with potassium and that’s good news for your body. When you’re feeling heavy ... - Provided by Best Life" />
10. Grab a banana.
11. Make a commitment.
- This Woman’s Joke About Getting Older Will Make Your Day." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-13-of-31-this-one-is-hard-but-it-s-a-must-otherwise-you-ll-never-feel-good-about-yourself-the-_786767_.jpg?content=1" title="This one is hard, but it’s a must—otherwise you’ll never feel good about yourself. The second you st... - Provided by Best Life" />
12. Stop comparing yourself to others.
- researchers at UCLA found that expressive writing can even help reduce symptoms of anxiety." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-14-of-31-your-50s-can-be-an-emotional-time-but-journaling-can-provide-a-great-outlet-for-those_727614_.jpg?content=1" title="Your 50s can be an emotional time, but journaling can provide a great outlet for those feelings whil... - Provided by Best Life" />
13. Make a list—and check it twice.
14. Get a good tailor.
15. Fix your posture.
- St. Tropez or Bondi Sands." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-17-of-31-there-s-something-about-a-healthy-glow-that-makes-everything-better-having-tanned-ski_965248_.jpg?content=1" title="There’s something about a healthy glow that makes everything better. Having tanned skin is the easie... - Provided by Best Life" />
16. Get some self-tanner.
17. Eat nourishing foods.
- 5 Genius Ways to Feel More Satisfied with Your Life. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-19-of-31-now-let-s-be-honest-wearing-heels-every-day-just-isn-t-going-to-happen-your-feet-woul_136684_.jpg?content=1" title="Now, let’s be honest. Wearing heels every day just isn’t going to happen—your feet would probably be... - Provided by Best Life" />
18. Wear heels.
19. Ignore sizes.
- Saying These Two Secret Words Will Get You an Instant Airline Upgrade. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-21-of-31-pay-attention-to-the-people-in-your-surroundings-both-near-far-scan-your-surroundings_939525_.jpg?content=1" title="“Pay attention to the people in your surroundings, both near & far. Scan your surroundings. Is someo... - Provided by Best Life" />
20. Go for a walk.
21. Jot down your strengths.
- study published in the journal Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. Plus, they’re really good. Whip up some guac to eat with carrots and celery or use some slices to top your salad." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-23-of-31-when-your-body-is-glowing-from-the-inside-out-how-can-you-not-love-it-thanks-to-all-t_433916_.img?content=1" title="When your body is glowing from the inside out, how can you not love it? Thanks to all the antioxidan... - Provided by Best Life" />
22. Eat an avocado.
23. Stop scrolling through Instagram.
24. Change the way you look at your flaws.
25. Reclaim your mirrors.
26. Give yourself a nice scrub.
27. Get a massage.
28. Grab some coconut oil.
29. Ditch alcohol and dairy.
- 50 Ways to Look Red Carpet Ready.To discover more amazing secrets about living your best life, click here to sign up for our FREE daily newsletter!" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-31-of-31-when-your-body-hair-is-looking-messy-and-out-of-whack-it-can-easily-change-the-way-yo_690388_.jpg?content=1" title="When your body hair is looking messy and out of whack, it can easily change the way you look at your... - Provided by Best Life" />
30. Tidy up your body hair.
And to help age as effortlessly as Carter has, consider adopting the.
Related video: 10 Secrets of People Who Age Gracefully. Provided by Health.com
4 Diet Changes That Are Better Than Botox .
<p>You may not be able to pass as a twin to your high school picture, but nutricosmetics is showing that your diet may help you slow down the aging process.</p>Take one look at your high school yearbook picture and then look at your reflection in the mirror. What you are about to read is going to explain the differences in the two images – and how your diet may help you get closer to the younger you.
Dana Delany's anti-aging secrets || STEVE HARVEY
Steve Harvey welcomes award-winning actress Dana Delany for an chat about turning 60, her French "lover," and her new Amazon Prime series, "Hand of God." Subscribe now to the STEVE HARVEY...
UCSD Guestbook: Sherman Alexie
Rated R: Mature language and themes. Author, poet, screenwriter of "Smoke Signals" and satirist Sherman Alexie has been hailed as one of the most important writers of this generation. The New...
Friday, 01 june 2018
I'd like to ask you, what is your role? And whom are you representing? Your father as the President of the United States, the American people or your business? Well, certainly not the latter, and I am rather unfamiliar with this role as well, as it is quite new to me. It has been a […]
Friday, 01 june 2018
People both love and loathe "Passport Purple."Delta Air Lines has debuted new uniforms for 64,000 employees working in its airplanes, airports and hangars at a reported cost of $20 million — an investment met with mixed reactions on social […]
Friday, 01 june 2018
These are not your mom's maternity sweats.Kate Middleton's little sis wore a casual-dressy ensemble consisting of a blue blazer, navy top, and gingham pants. The black-and-white checkered bottoms were cropped at the ankles to show off her loafers, which matched the royal blue hue of […]
Tuesday, 12 june 2018
The European Union's top court has defended French fashion designer Christian Louboutin's claim to trademark red soled high-heel shoes. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen, FILE) LUXEMBOURG — The European Union's top court has defended French fashion designer Christian Louboutin's claim to […]
Tuesday, 29 may 2018
This is the perfect summer look.Middleton and Matthews wore matching hats, as well as shades to hide from the sun in the heatwave. But it was Pippa's flawless red wrap dress that caught everyone's attention, especially because of its unusual pattern-it features both stars and sail […]
Tuesday, 05 june 2018
It was embroidered with a lyric from Boris Gardiner's 1973 song, which Kendrick Lamar recently sampled.Last night, Issa Rae hosted the 2018 CFDA Awards at the Brooklyn Museum. For her gig at one of fashion's biggest nights of the year, the Insecure actress used her look to make a […]
Friday, 08 june 2018
Kendall Jenner recently turned heads in a fitted Ralph Lauren minidress while strolling through New York City. A day after the mom of three was spotted wearing a bra as a top and the "no pants" trend all in one night, Kendall Jenner turned heads in a fitted Ralph Lauren minidress […]
Tuesday, 12 june 2018
I've always been self-conscious of my teeth, and my canines in particular. (Those being the slightly fang-like teeth two down from the front.) I always felt mine were especially canine- (or worse, vampire-) like. But as tribute to the two years I spent in braces, I want to be very […]