Crime Boston murder suspect 'nervous'

18:51  13 september  2017
18:51  13 september  2017 Source:   latimes.com

Mother, son plead not guilty to murder-for-hire plot

  Mother, son plead not guilty to murder-for-hire plot CLAREMONT, N.H. — An 83-year-old New Hampshire woman and her 63-year-old son charged in a murder-for-hire plot involving his ex-wife have pleaded not guilty. Judge Brian Tucker ordered Pauline Chase and Maurice Temple to remain held on $1 million bail, despite arguments from their attorneys to lower that amount.Both are charged with criminal solicitation of murder, conspiracy to commit murder and attempt to commit murder. Prosecutors have played recordings of the two defendants with a man who was asked to kill the ex-wife; he went to police.

Southie murder suspect ‘ nervous ’. Accused man laughs, fidgets. BACK IN COURT: Bampumim Teixeira was in Suffolk Superior Court yesterday for a pretrial hearing concerning the killing of two doctors in their South Boston condo.

Filed Under:Bampumim Teixeira, Beth Germano, Ryan Kath, South Boston Murders . BOSTON (CBS) – The man accused of murdering two doctors inside their South Boston penthouse likely avoided the threat of deportation last year when he agreed to a plea deal for two different bank

FILE - In this July 10, 2017, file photo, Bampumim Teixeira, center, is arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court in Boston before Clerk Magistrate Edward Curley. Teixeira, charged in the slayings of two engaged doctors in their Boston luxury condominium, is expected to face a judge in Suffolk Superior Court on Tuesday, Sept. 12. (Pat Greenhouse/The Boston Globe via AP, Pool, File) © The Associated Press FILE - In this July 10, 2017, file photo, Bampumim Teixeira, center, is arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court in Boston before Clerk Magistrate Edward Curley. Teixeira, charged in the slayings of two engaged doctors in their Boston luxury condominium, is expected to face a judge in Suffolk Superior Court on Tuesday, Sept. 12. (Pat Greenhouse/The Boston Globe via AP, Pool, File) Sept. 13--The man who authorities say killed two doctors in their luxury South Boston condo smiled, laughed and fiddled with plastic-covered paperwork in front of him as he sat in court for the first time since being arraigned for the grisly double murder. 

Suspect in 4 slayings in Massachusetts to appear in court

  Suspect in 4 slayings in Massachusetts to appear in court A 22-year-old recent Oberlin College graduate and jazz drummer from Maine will face murder charges Monday in the slayings of four adults found at a Massachusetts home. (Courtesy via AP) BOSTON — A 22-year-old recent Oberlin College graduate and jazz drummer from Maine will face murder charges Monday in the slayings of four adults Orion Krause, of Rockport, Maine is scheduled for arraignment in Ayer District Court in connection with the deaths of an elderly man and woman and two middle-aged women in Groton, a town about 43 miles (69 kilometers) northwest of Boston, the Middlesex district a

(WHDH) - An overnight standoff in Walpole ended with the arrest of a man wanted in connection with a Boston murder . Eventually, the Williams-Gathers did come out and surrendered to police. The suspect ’s mother came to the scene, wondering what was happening.

Murder Suspect Surrenders After Hours-Long Standoff. February 14, 2018 at 8:30 pm. Carmichael said Boston police notified his department at about 5 p.m. they were looking for someone involved in a homicide in the city.

"Good afternoon, your honor," Bampumim Teixeira said to Superior Court Judge Christine Roach yesterday during his brief hearing at Suffolk Superior Court.

Teixeira bound and stabbed 38-year-old Dr. Lina Bolanos and 49-year-old Dr. Richard Field in their condo on May 5, according to prosecutors.

He has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder, armed robbery, kidnapping by confinement, and one count of armed home invasion. He was ordered held without bail after his July arraignment. Steve Sack, Teixeira's attorney, immediately asked to be heard at a sidebar yesterday, where he and prosecutors spoke privately with Roach.

Teixeira, meanwhile, smiled and shook his head -- and at times silently laughed -- while a hush hung over the half-filled courtroom. "I think he's nervous," Sack said, when asked about his client's demeanor. "That's it, I think he's just nervous." He declined to discuss how Teixeira has been handling being incarcerated and did not divulge what happened during the brief hearing that was primarily held at sidebar. Sack said that it was "too early" to discuss potentially moving the case out of Boston -- a common strategy in high-profile cases.

German prosecutors seek life in neo-Nazi murder case

  German prosecutors seek life in neo-Nazi murder case German prosecutors say the main defendant in a high-profile neo-Nazi trial should receive a life sentence for her alleged role in the killing of 10 people by a group calling itself the National Socialist Underground. (AP Photo/Matthias Schrader,pool) BERLIN — German prosecutors say the main defendant in a high-profile neo-Nazi trial should receive a life sentence for h of 10 people by a group calling itself the National Socialist Underground.

No evidence suspect , victims knew each other, authorities say. He is charged with two countsof murder but nothing else atthis time.todd: police arrested teixeiraand searched for evidence.>>

GROTON — Orion Krause, the 22-year-old Oberlin College graduate accused of four counts of murder , apparently used a baseball bat to kill his mother, his grandparents, and their caretaker at a home here last week, prosecutors said Monday.

He added that Suffolk prosecutors had just handed over discovery. Teixeira is due back in court on Sept. 22. Robert Pierce, an attorney who is representing the families of Bolanos and Field in their wrongful death suit against the condominium building and other entities, was in court taking notes. He said there were no new developments in his case.

Teixeira was once a concierge at the building where the murder took place and was familiar with the layout of the property, according to prosecutors.

The day of the murders, he was standing outside the building and entered the garage in the late afternoon, authorities say.

That night, police were contacted by the on-duty concierge who reported that a friend of Field's had contacted him, prosecutors say. That same friend called police directly to tell them that Field had texted a plea for help, according to authorities. Officers entered the apartment and shot Teixeira after he allegedly pointed a weapon at them.

Suspect in New Hampshire hospital shooting report in custody -police

  Suspect in New Hampshire hospital shooting report in custody -police Police in New Hampshire on Tuesday took into custody a suspect linked to an active shooting report at Dartmouth-Hitchcock hospital, a spokesman for the Lebanon, New Hampshire, police department said. The hospital, the state's largest, was locked down following reports of an active shooter, a spokesman said in an emailed message.Police from Lebanon, as well as state troopers, were on site, the spokesman said.There was no confirmation that shots had been fired at the hospital, located near the Vermont border, about 105 miles northwest of Boston.

ESPN Boston 's Mike Reiss joined Steve Burton on Sunday night's Sports Final to discuss what the Patriots did at the 2018 NFL Draft, and what to expect from some of the players they Ken Metz, 64, told reporters he was carjacked Wednesday night by Peabody double murder suspect Wes Doughty.

Boston is a city where musicians, painters, artisans and others who practice and display their talents are not only welcomed but encouraged. MILFORD (CBS) – The man wanted for a murder in Milford has been arrested.

After he was apprehended, detectives found a backpack containing a replica firearm and property belonging to the victims, prosecutors say.

Nearby was a bright yellow shirt and a large carving knife, according to authorities.

RELATED VIDEO:  Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed For Murders Of South Boston Doctors (Provided by CBS News)

What to watch next
  • Benghazi contractors: We were told to stay quiet

    Benghazi contractors: We were told to stay quiet

    FOX News Logo
    FOX News
    4:03
  • Hurricane Jose's uncertain path

    Hurricane Jose's uncertain path

    CNN Logo
    CNN
    0:51
  • Heart attack survivor hugs doctors who kept him alive

    Heart attack survivor hugs doctors who kept him alive

    USA TODAY Logo
    USA TODAY
    0:50
  • DACA student targeted by peer online:

    DACA student targeted by peer online: 'Report this illegal'

    CBS News Logo
    CBS News
    2:53
  • Foster kids staying in $30 million mansion after Irma

    Foster kids staying in $30M mansion after Irma

    CNN Logo
    CNN
    0:58
  • Surveying Irma damage with the U.S. Coast Guard

    Surveying Irma damage with the US Coast Guard

    CBS News Logo
    CBS News
    2:16
  • S. Korea Tests New Stealth Cruise Missile Amid Kim's Saber-Rattling

    S. Korea Tests New Stealth Cruise Missile Amid Kim's Saber-Rattling

    NBC News Logo
    NBC News
    0:37
  • Hundreds of Rohingya children arrive in Bangladesh alone

    Hundreds of Rohingya children arrive in Bangladesh alone

    AFP Logo
    AFP
    1:02
  • Irma leaves 15M Floridians without power

    Irma leaves 15M Floridians without power

    CNN Logo
    CNN
    1:53
  • Fake news creator: 'I don't care' if stories aren't true

    Fake news creator: 'I don't care' if stories aren't true

    CNN Logo
    CNN
    2:01
  • Mayor of Seattle Resigns After New Allegations Surface

    Mayor of Seattle Resigns After New Allegations Surface

    Wochit News Logo
    Wochit News
    0:45
  • Hillary Clinton:

    Hillary Clinton: "I don't think the press did their job"

    Vox.com Logo
    Vox.com
    2:11
  • Twenty dollar budget for agency probing Duterte's drug war

    Twenty dollar budget for agency probing Duterte's drug war

    Reuters Logo
    Reuters
    0:56
  • 'It's a Boy!' Eric and Lara Trump Welcome Their First Baby

    'It's a Boy!' Eric and Lara Trump Welcome Their First Baby

    Inside Edition Logo
    Inside Edition
    0:35
  • Justice Department Won't Charge Officers In Freddie Gray's Death

    Justice Department Won't Charge Officers In Freddie Gray's Death

    Newsy Logo
    Newsy
    1:07
  • Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88

    Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88

    CBS News Logo
    CBS News
    0:43
UP NEXT
UP NEXT
 

___ (c)2017 the Boston Herald Visit the Boston Herald at www.bostonherald.com Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Family of Hernandez to release results of brain test .
The family of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez, who killed himself in April after being acquitted in his second murder trial, is due on Thursday to release the results of a test of his brain, according to a spokesman. Relatives of the 27-year-old former athlete asked that his brain be tested after his body was found hanging in a Massachusetts prison where he was serving a life sentence for the 2013 murder of an acquaintance.The brain was studied for evidence of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a condition linked to the sort of repeated head traumas common in football that can lead to aggression and dementia.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!