Crime Man Sexually Assaulted 12-Year-Old, Awarded Joint Custody of Their Son

20:44  09 october  2017
20:44  09 october  2017 Source:   lawnewz.com

Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature

  Kazuo Ishiguro wins 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature KAZUO ISHIGURO WINS 2017 NOBEL PRIZE FOR LITERATURE - SWEDISH ACADEMYThe award marks a return to a more mainstream interpretation of literature after the 2016 prize went to American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan.

Man Sexually Assaulted 12 - Year - Old , Awarded Joint Custody - lawnewz.com. In September 2008, Christopher Mirasolo, then 12, sexually assaulted a 12 - year - old girl. Now, years later, even after pleading guilty to the crime, he has gotten joint custody of their son

sexual assault . rape. custody . In 2008, Christopher Mirasolo received a plea deal after raping a 12 - year - old girl he had been holding hostage. “She, her 13- year - old sister and a friend all slipped out of their house one night to meet a boy and the boy’s older friend, Mirasolo, showed up and asked

  Man Sexually Assaulted 12-Year-Old, Awarded Joint Custody of Their Son © Provided by Mediaite, LLC

In September 2008, Christopher Mirasolo, then 12, sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl. Now, years later, even after pleading guilty to the crime, he has gotten joint custody of their son, according to a Detroit News report.

“This is insane,” said the victim’s attorney Rebecca Kiessling. She said her client, now 21, was blindsided by a ruling from Sanilac County Judge Gregory Ross. The judge revealed the victim’s address to Mirasolo, and ruled that Mirasolo’s name be added to the birth certificate of the child, who is now 8. A DNA test established paternity. Kiessling said this was done without her client’s permission, or even a hearing. Now, she says her client could not “move 100 miles from where she had been living when the case was filed, without court consent.”

Late British PM Heath suspected of abusing five boys

  Late British PM Heath suspected of abusing five boys <p>Former British prime minister Edward Heath would have been questioned over claims that he sexually assaulted five boys if he was still alive, police announced Thursday.</p>Heath, who was Britain's premier between 1970 and 1974, is alleged to have raped an 11-year-old boy during a paid sexual encounter, officers revealed after a mammoth two-year investigation.

A judge has given Christopher Mirasolo, 27, parenting time and joint legal custody of the eight- year - old boy after a paternity test found he was the father. Read more. Teacher sexually assaulted 11- year - old boy she wanted to make happy.

Christopher Mirasolo, 27, was recently awarded joint custody of a child he conceived with a woman he allegedly raped when she was 12 - years - old . (Michigan Department of Corrections).

“An assistant prosecutor on this, Eric Scott, told me she had granted her consent, which was a lie — she has never been asked to do this and certainly never signed anything,” Kiessling said. They’re fighting this decision under the federal government’s Rape Survivor Child Custody Act, and a hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 25.

Neither Ross nor Scott could be reached for comment by the Detroit News. Kiesseling said that Mirasolo held captive her client, her client’s then-13-year-old, and the girls’ friend at a vacant house. Facing a possible life sentence after his arrest, the defendant pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct. He served six-and-a-half months of a one year sentence to take care of his sick mother, Kiessling said. Meanwhile, the victim chose to keep the baby.

2017 Nobel Peace Prize Awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons

  2017 Nobel Peace Prize Awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons <p>The 2017 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded Friday to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN).</p>The Nobel Committee honored the Geneva-based group "for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons and for its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons.

A judge awarded Mirasalo joint legal custody of the child and parenting time after a paternity test confirmed that he was the father of the child. Mirasalo, who was convicted of sexual assault for the first woman in 2008, also served a four- year prison sentence for sexually assaulting another child.

A judge has given Christopher Mirasolo, 27, parenting time and joint legal custody of the eight- year - old boy after a paternity test found he was the father. 12 posted on 10/08/2017 12 :53:00 PM PDT by bagster (Even bad men love their mamas.)

He was later convicted in 2010 of sexually assaulting a victim between ages 13 and 15. He served four years, Kiessling said.

She and her client said this joint custody situation happened after the county surveyed child support. The now-grown victim, who remains unnamed because the Detroit News doesn’t identify sexual assault victims, said “I think this is all crazy. They [officials] never explained anything to me. I was receiving about $260 a month in food stamps for me and my son and health insurance for him. I guess they were trying to see how to get some of the money back.”

An attorney for Mirasolo claims her client has nothing to do with this.

“Chris was notified of the paternity matter and an order of filiation was issued last month by the court saying he had joint legal custody and reasonable visitation privileges,” lawyer Barbara Yockey told the Detroit News. “He never initiated this. It was something routinely done by the prosecutor’s office when a party makes application for state assistance.”

She said she doesn’t know what plans her client has regarding the son. He has no scheduled court date, and has not been served “any other court papers,” she said.

[Mugshot via Michigan Department of Corrections]

Judge to rule on ex-Penn State coach Sandusky's bid for new trial .
A Pennsylvania judge is due to rule on Wednesday whether former Penn State University football coach Jerry Sandusky will receive a new trial on charges that he sexually assaulted pre-teen and teenaged boys for 15 years. Sandusky, 73, was convicted in 2012 of exploiting his position in the top-flight football program to sexually assault 10 boys and is currently serving a 30- to 60-year prison sentence.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!