Entertainment Harvey Weinstein Sued for Alleged Spying in Paz de la Huerta Rape Case

09:05  06 january  2018
09:05  06 january  2018 Source:   variety.com

Request by Weinstein's ex for $5M child support advance tossed

  Request by Weinstein's ex for $5M child support advance tossed A Manhattan judge has denied the request by Harvey Weinstein's ex-wife to get a $5 million pre-payment on future child support. Justice Michael Katz "tossed" the bid in its entirety, according to a source with knowledge of the decision.© Thos Robinson/Getty Images Harvey Weinstein and his ex-wife Eve Chilton divorced in 2004. Former wife Eve Chilton appeared in court last month to request the cash before Weinstein's fortune likely gets swallowed up by legal bills.The 65-year-old movie mogul is facing a tsunami of allegations ranging from sexual harassment to rape from scores of women.

Harvey Weinstein was sued on Friday for allegedly using a New York attorney to spy on actress Paz de la Huerta , who has accused the disgraced producer of raping her. The complaint accuses attorney Michael F. Rubin of seeking to gain information from de la Huerta last fall

Harvey Weinstein forced himself on "Boardwalk Empire" star Paz de la Huerta twice in her home according to the actress, whose allegation has launched a new NYPD investigation. Paz told CBS News the first alleged rape happened in October 2010.

Harvey Weinstein, Paz de la Huerta are posing for a picture© Provided by Variety

Harvey Weinstein was sued on Friday for allegedly using a New York attorney to spy on actress Paz de la Huerta, who has accused the disgraced producer of raping her.

The complaint accuses attorney Michael F. Rubin of seeking to gain information from de la Huerta last fall, while also discouraging her from pursuing criminal charges against Weinstein.

At the time, she was represented by attorney Aaron Filler. Filler’s firm — Tensor Law — filed the lawsuit Friday against Rubin, Weinstein, and the Weinstein Company, alleging that they coordinated in an effort to thwart the prosecution. Filler also blames Rubin for persuading de la Huerta to drop him as her attorney, and contends that Rubin interfered with his contractual relationship and potentially deprived him of $20 million in legal fees.

How Actresses Allegedly Blacklisted by Harvey Weinstein Are Making Big Comebacks

  How Actresses Allegedly Blacklisted by Harvey Weinstein Are Making Big Comebacks Mira Sorvino, Annabella Sciorra, and Rose McGowan are all landing plum television gigs.In addition, all three publicly claimed that after their encounters with Weinstein—McGowan alleged that he raped her, as did Sciorra; Sorvino said he sexually harassed her—he blacklisted them from acting opportunities in Hollywood, which ultimately damaged their careers. But now that Hollywood is undergoing a sprawling and fearsome reckoning, all three women are making career comebacks, landing plum roles in the post-Weinstein era.

Harvey Weinstein was sued yesterday for allegedly paying a New York attorney to spy on actress Paz de la Huerta , who accused the disgraced media mogul of raping her twice in 2010, Variety reports.

Weinstein sued for alleged spying in Paz de la Huerta rape case . The NYPD has a credible case to bust Harvey Weinstein for raping "Boardwalk Empire" star Paz de la Huerta , a top department official said Friday.

In an interview, Rubin said that, “Every allegation in that lawsuit is false.”

He also said he had no connection to Weinstein.

“I don’t know Harvey Weinstein. I never met Harvey Weinstein,” Rubin said. “I had nothing but Paz de la Huerta’s interests in mind. This guy is upset he lost a potential client.”

A Weinstein spokesperson said it was “insanity” to suggest that Weinstein any involvement in the matter.

Filler told Variety that he brought the suit in part to determine why the Manhattan D.A.’s probe of de la Huerta’s rape allegations appears to have stalled.

“Our purpose is to investigate what caused the N.Y. D.A. criminal investigation and criminal prosecution to stall, and to call TWC/HW to account if they used extra-legal means as we believe they did,” Filler said in an email.

Golden Globes: Seth Meyers Focuses on Terrified Hollywood Men in Opening Monologue

  Golden Globes: Seth Meyers Focuses on Terrified Hollywood Men in Opening Monologue "Good evening ladies and remaining gentlemen"Meyers alluded to the many men whose careers have been destroyed by revelations and accusations that they had harassed or abused Hollywood women.

Harvey Weinstein was sued on Friday for allegedly using a New York attorney to spy on actress Paz de la Huerta , who has accused the disgraced producer of raping her. The complaint accuses attorney Michael F. Rubin of seeking to gain information from de la Huerta last fall

Disgraced former Weinstein Company chief Harvey Weinstein has been sued for spying on actress Paz de la Huerta , one of Weinstein ’s many accusers who said he raped her twice in 2010.

The complaint cites the New Yorker’s reporting on extensive measures Weinstein allegedly took to counter his accusers, including allegedly hiring former Mossad agents to collect information from them under false pretenses.

The complaint alleges that Rubin approached de la Huerta last fall, and conducted an extensive interview with her in Spain and attempted to get her psychiatric records. The suit contends that Rubin told her she had no case and tried to persuade her to drop her allegations, which are under consideration by the Manhattan district attorney’s office. The suit also alleges that Rubin called New York prosecutors and urged prosecutors them to indict Weinstein.

Weinstein is identified as an “undisclosed principal” in Rubin’s alleged misconduct, though the complaint does not cite any specific link between Rubin and Weinstein.

The suit alleges that Rubin interfered with potential civil suits that could have netted $60 million — of which $20 million would have gone as contingency fees to Tensor Law.

Roman Polanski won't face '75 child molest charge as L.A. prosecutor cites expired statute of limitations

  Roman Polanski won't face '75 child molest charge as L.A. prosecutor cites expired statute of limitations Prosecutors in Los Angeles have formally declined to charge fugitive director Roman Polanski in connection with an allegation he molested a woman when she was a minor in 1975, saying the statute of limitations has expired. Deputy Dist. Atty. Michele Hanisee formally declined the LAPD case on Dec. 19 after she was proved the details by Los Angeles Police Det. Greg Stearns. Last month, after the investigation was initiated, Josh Rubenstein, the LAPD communications director, said the department is committed to investigating such claims because even if charges cannot be brought, the evidence could aid in the prosecution of other cases.

Harvey Weinstein and Paz de la Huerta Getty Images. The complaint alleges that Rubin approached de la Huerta last fall, and conducted an extensive interview with her in Spain and attempted to get her psychiatric records.

Harvey Weinstein was sued on Friday for allegedly using a New York attorney to spy on actress Paz de la Huerta , who has accused the disgraced producer of raping her. The complaint accuses attorney Michael F. Rubin of seeking to gain information from de la Huerta last fall

Rubin said the lawsuit was part of Filler’s “continuing campaign of defamation against me and my law firm, and is nothing but an attempt to get publicity for him. I intend to respond forcefully in the courts in both New York and California at the appropriate time.”

Filler said the firm would donate any damages from the suit to de la Huerta and the Time’s Up campaign, in a 50/50 split.

De la Huerta is now represented by attorney Carrie Goldberg, who has also raised concerns that the D.A.’s investigation appears to have stalled.

De La Huerta Michael Rubin by gmaddaus on Scribd

Subscribe to Variety Newsletters and Email Alerts!

Georgina Chapman to Receive $15-20 Million in Harvey Weinstein Divorce: Source .
Georgina Chapman isn’t walking away from her marriage with Harvey Weinstein empty-handed. The disgraced movie mogul will pay the fashion designer a divorce agreement worth roughly $15 to 20 million, a source tells PEOPLE. Chapman will also get primary custody of their two children, ages 7 and 4, but she and Weinstein are still working out the details of the division of their marital assets. While a settlement has been reached, Chapman, 41, and Weinstein, 65, have not filed in court. Page Six was the first to report news of the agreement. On Oct. 10, Chapman announced she was leaving Weinstein following allegations of sexual misconduct. In a statement to PEOPLE, she said, “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered.” She has since met with divorce lawyers. “She doesn’t want to be married to Harvey,” a source previously told PEOPLE. “She wants a divorce. It’s just not anything that she is rushing.” Weinstein and Chapman married in 2007 and have two children together, ages 7 and 4. Weinstein also has three children from a previous marriage. The Oscar-winning producer has been accused of sexual misconduct by over 60 women since TheNew York Times and TheNew Yorker documented decades of alleged sexual misconduct and sexual assault involving a number of women in detailed articles in October. A spokesperson for Weinstein previously told PEOPLE in a statement that “any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein. Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!