Entertainment Sarah Hyland Won't Keep Quiet If People Thin-Shame Her: 'I'm Going to Say a Comment Right Back'
Cynthia Nixon inching closer to gubernatorial challenge in New York
Actress and activist Cynthia Nixon is reportedly gearing up to launch a progressive primary challenge to New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The "Sex and the City" star is forming a team of alumni of the New York political sphere, including Rebecca Katz and Bill Hyers -- who worked on New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's first campaign -- to help her ahead of the state's Democratic primary in September, NY1 reported Tuesday.Katz wouldn't comment when reached by CNN, referring questions Nixon's publicist, who said a final decision has not been made.
If internet trolls, she will not hesitate to call them out.
The Modern Family actress, 27, had to do that just last week, when her Instagram followers commented that she looked too skinnyfrom the Vanity Fair Oscars party. Hyland swiftly edited her post to add: “In response to the negative comments on this post? I’d like to say 3 things… 1.) [middle finger emoji] 2.) I looked amazing 3.) Even more importantly I FELT AMAZING and that’s all that matters.”
Hyland explained on Tuesday that as a born-and-bred New Yorker, she’s going to respond to people who try to attack her.
Stormy Daniels' lawyer: WH suggestion Trump knew nothing of settlement 'absurd'
The attorney representing the porn star who is suing President Donald Trump says the White House's suggestion that the President knew nothing about a payment made to keep her quiet is "patently absurd.""The idea that somehow President Trump didn't know anything about this and that Attorney Cohen was just running off and doing what he thought was best without any consultation with President Trump, it is patently absurd," Michael Avenatti, the attorney for Stephanie Clifford, told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Wednesday night.
“For me it’s just kind of like a natural reaction,”. “And sometimes it gets too much to where I’m like, okay, I really need to make a statement right now because what is happening is not okay. And it happens all the time.”
She said that people feel like they can say what they want because she’s an actress.
“People think that because you’re in the public eye you sign up for criticism from random people and strangers,” she said. “But I’m in this business because I love the craft, and I love the art of it, and I love creating and evoking emotions out of people.”
Hyland said she won’t let the trolls hide behind their computers or phones.
Trump upset with Sanders over Stormy Daniels response
President Donald Trump is upset with White House press secretary Sarah Sanders over her responses Wednesday regarding his alleged affair with porn star Stormy Daniels, a source close to the White House tells CNN. Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford, filed suit against Trump this week alleging he hadn't signed a nondisclosure agreement that would have prevented her from discussing their alleged sexual affair.On Wednesday, Sanders told reporters that the arbitration was won "in the President's favor." The statement is an admission that the nondisclosure agreement exists, and that it directly involves the President.
“I just treat it like if someone’s going to say a comment to me, I’m going to say a comment right back as if we’re talking to my face,” she said. “You’re not behind a keyboard. You’re basically talking to me.”
Hyland frequently deals with skinny-shamers, and has explained in the past that shebecause . She said in May 2017 that she had a tough 12 months as she .
“My circumstances have put me in a place where I’m not in control of what my body looks like. So I strive to be as healthy as possible, as everyone should,” Hyland tweeted at the time.
“My self confidence is not rendered from your comments,” she added. “Because I will always be too fat. I will always be too skinny. I will never have enough curves to be called a woman. And I will always be a slut for wearing a push up bra. Love the you you set out to be. Be the best version of yourself. Be healthy.”
Did Robert Mueller just cross Donald Trump's red line on Russia?
Special counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed the Trump Organization for business documents -- some of which are related to Russia, according to The New York Times -- a move that represents the latest evidence that the probe seems to have widened to include far more than simply Russia's attempts to meddle in the 2016 presidential election. The details of the subpoena are not available. That fact makes it hard to know exactly what Mueller is looking for, what it has to do with Russia or the Trump Organization's business in the country and why he needed to subpoena the documents as opposed to simply asking for them.
Related slideshow: 23 Women Who Put Body Shamers in Their Place
- Hadid tweeted on Feb. 11 about the symptoms of the disease. "Over the last few years I’ve been properly medicated to help symptoms including those, as well as extreme fatigue, metabolism issues, body's ability to retain heat, etc," she wrote. "I was also part of a holistic medical trial that helped my thyroid levels balance out." Hadid has repeatedly said she loves her body, despite what her haters say. "I've loved my body when I was just diagnosed and I loved [it] going through it and I love my body now," she told E! News." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-1-of-23-p-in-february-2018-hadid-shut-down-twitter-trolls-who-were-criticizing-her-for-her-wei_377679_.jpg?content=1" title="In February 2018, Hadid shut down Twitter trolls who were criticizing her for her weight on the catw... - Raymond Hall/GC Images" />
- about her weight from the privacy of their phones. "I dare any one of you sad psychopath narcissists to say to my face what you say about me on Instagram photos. See what happens," Bristowe wrote on Twitter. "F— off telling me my healthy body looks sick. You're the sick ones. I've had enough. Your words don't hurt me, they piss me off."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-2-of-23-p-the-former-bachelorette-star-called-out-the-people-who-post-rude-comments-a-href-htt_184563_.jpg?content=1" title="The former Bachelorette star called out the people who post rude comments about her weight from the ... - Gilbert Carrasquillo/FilmMagic" />
- she did not fit the sample sized clothing. The Danish model shared a photo of herself wearing just a pair of jeans on Instagram admitting she was "disappointed and appalled at the still very harsh reality of this industry." "After a tough year of taking a step back from the insensitive and unrealistic pressures of this industry and dealing with paralyzing social anxiety, I walked into that shoot as a 25 year old WOMAN feeling more comfortable in my own skin and healthier than ever before," Agdal wrote. "Some days I’m a sample size, some days I’m a size 4, some a 6. I am not built as a runway model and have never been stick thin. Now more than ever, I embrace my curves and work diligently in the gym to stay strong and most of all, sane."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-3-of-23-p-agdal-shared-an-empowering-message-about-body-shaming-in-january-2018-after-she-reve_947357_.jpg?content=1" title="Agdal shared an empowering message about body-shaming in January 2018 after she revealed an unnamed ... - Gilbert Carrasquillo/FilmMagic" />
- co-host of The View slammed a Twitter troll who said she "gained a lot of weight." McCain, whose father, Senator John McCain, is battling brain cancer, responded that she's happy to have her health. "You know — every morning I wake up happy my body is healthy and strong," McCain, 32, tweeted. "I don’t define my worth by weight or what internet trolls think."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-4-of-23-p-the-a-href-http-people-com-tv-meghan-mccain-is-joining-the-view-report-co-host-of-th_290122_.jpg?content=1" title="The co-host of The View slammed a Twitter troll who said she "gained a lot of weight." McCain, whose... - Robin Marchant/Getty" />
- hit back at critics after trading in her usual form-fitting clothes for loose sweatpants for a day, prompting gossip that she’s gaining weight. "So rude of people to say I’m getting fat because I wore baggy clothes to get laser hair removal,” she wrote on Twitter. She added: "It's called being comfortable people.”" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-5-of-23-p-the-reality-star-a-href-http-people-com-bodies-khloe-kardashian-calls-out-body-shame_423413_.img?content=1" title="The reality star hit back at critics after trading in her usual form-fitting clothes for loose sweat... - Taylor Hill/FilmMagic" />
- revealed to Vogue that it's "hard" to face the criticism — but she is up for the challenge. “If you’re going to walk out and have your nipples showing, or your belly is a little bloated, or you’re not at the weight you want to be," she told the magazine, adding: "You are perfect no matter what you are and no matter where you are and who cares!”" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-6-of-23-p-when-it-comes-to-dealing-with-body-shamers-the-actress-a-href-http-people-com-bodies_673785_.jpg?content=1" title="When it comes to dealing with body shamers, the actress revealed to Vogue that it's "hard" to face t... - Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic" />
- she said when Heat magazine showed her the mean Tweets. "That's because she doesn't know me. I'm awesome! It doesn't bother me." Most recently, the American Idol alum clapped back at someone who tweeted at her, "You're fat." Clarkson, who has made it clear she doesn’t care what people think about her weight, tweeted an amazing response, writing simply, "…and still f—ing awesome."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-7-of-23-p-standing-up-for-body-confidence-takes-well-confidence-after-a-slew-of-body-shaming-t_397480_.jpg?content=1" title="Standing up for body confidence takes, well, confidence. After a slew of body-shaming tweets were hu... - Cindy Ord/Getty" />
- fired back at the body shamers in a very Rihanna way: by posting a meme on Instagram. She captioned the photo — which featured rapper Gucci Mane at fluctuating weights, accompanied by the caption "If you can’t handle me at my 2007 Gucci Mane, you don’t deserve me at my 2017 Gucci Mane" — with a single tear emoji." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-8-of-23-p-after-a-rude-article-published-on-barstool-sports-claimed-that-the-singer-was-gettin_746262_.jpg?content=1" title="After a rude article published on Barstool Sports claimed that the singer was "getting fat," Rihanna... - Jerritt Clark/Getty" />
- a vulnerable photo of herself in just a beige bra and black underwear. "This is who I am, take it or leave," she captioned the image. "I am not going to be body shamed for being pale or not stick thin. I'm not going to spend hours photoshopping my authenticity away. I'm not going to beat myself up for not looking like someone else. I'm not going to be told that I’m damaged goods because of my tattoos."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-9-of-23-p-the-model-and-daughter-of-actor-alec-baldwin-hit-back-at-body-shamers-on-instagram-w_399673_.jpg?content=1" title="The model and daughter of actor Alec Baldwin hit back at body shamers on Instagram with a vulnerable... - Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty" />
- about the marketing campaign for the upcoming Chloë Grace Moretz-fronted film, Red Shoes & the 7 Dwarfs, slamming its billboard which depicts the tall, thin heroine next to a shorter, heavier version of herself. The tagline reads: "What if Snow White was no longer beautiful and the 7 Dwarfs not so short?" "How did this get approved by an entire marketing team? Why is it okay to tell young kids being fat = ugly?" wrote Holliday on Twitter. Moretz responded to the backlash, tweeting: "I am just as appalled and angry as everyone else, this wasn't approved by me or my team." She added that she reached out to the film's producers to express her disapproval." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-10-of-23-p-the-model-most-recently-spoke-out-a-href-http-people-com-bodies-tess-holliday-slams_738866_.jpg?content=1" title="The model most recently spoke out about the marketing campaign for the upcoming Chloë Grace Moretz-f... - S Meddle/ITV/REX/Shutterstock" />
- shutting down body shamers, having become a pro at deflecting her haters throughout the years — but not without initially experiencing some self-doubt. "I went through a lot of hate online, so I tried to change myself for a really long time," she told Refinery29. "But people just kept hating on me no matter what I did." She continued: “I decided that instead of pleasing these other people, I’ll just spend that time pleasing myself. Those people are going to be rude to me regardless of what I do, so I should just try and be happy with what I am.”" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-11-of-23-p-the-modern-family-star-is-no-stranger-to-a-href-http-people-com-celebrity-ariel-win_934918_.jpg?content=1" title="The Modern Family star is no stranger to shutting down body shamers, having become a pro at deflecti... - Ariel Winter/Instagram" />
- opened up about body confidence in InStyle's May 2017 issue. "What's good about not being a model is that it's not the thing I trade on," she said. "Once I start looking older, that won't affect me. I have never gotten anything done because I'm, like, so gorgeous. I'm good-looking enough that I can work in the business. I get enough attention from men that I feel good. I see pictures of myself now, and I look younger than I think of myself. It hasn't scared me yet."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-12-of-23-p-the-comedian-is-no-stranger-to-recieving-body-shaming-comments-but-she-hasnt-allowe_23512_.jpg?content=1" title="The comedian is no stranger to recieving body-shaming comments — but she hasn't allowed the hate to ... - Amy Schumer/Instagram" />
- showed off their very different pregnant bellies – with a message. "Each women carries different and this most certainly doesn't mean one is doing something wrong or not healthy etc," the fitness trainer captioned the Instagram photos. "We both have healthy growing babies amp we both have had incredible pregnancies so far, feeling amazing amp full of energy."a" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-13-of-23-p-just-four-weeks-apart-in-their-pregnancies-duncan-and-her-friend-nat-a-href-http-ww_447110_.jpg?content=1" title="Just four weeks apart in their pregnancies, Duncan and her friend Nat showed off their very differen... - Source: Chontel Duncan/Instagram" />
- Whitney Way Thore spoke out with her own video rebuttal. "Fat-shaming is a thing; it's a really big thing, no pun intended," she said. "It is the really nasty spawn of a larger parent problem called body-shaming, which I'm fairly certain everyone on the planet, especially women, has experienced."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-14-of-23-p-following-the-release-of-youtuber-nicole-arbours-viral-video-entitled-dear-fat-peop_520976_.jpg?content=1" title="Following the release of YouTuber Nicole Arbour's viral video entitled "Dear Fat People," in which s... - Screengrab; Maarten de Boer/Getty" />
WHITNEY WAY THORE
- told E! News. "I kind of rolled my eyes."a" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-15-of-23-p-when-cheryl-tiegs-criticized-the-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-cover-model-for-_549021_.jpg?content=1" title="When Cheryl Tiegs criticized the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover model for "glamorizing full... - Jamie McCarthy/Getty" />
- picked apart her body during the 2015 Wimbledon tennis tournament, Williams took to social media with an obvious retort: one very sexy cleavage- and abs-baring selfie." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-16-of-23-p-a-picture-says-more-than-a-statement-ever-could-according-to-the-tennis-star-after-_445878_.jpg?content=1" title="A picture says more than a statement ever could, according to the tennis star. After critics picked ... - Courtesy Serena Williams" />
- write an open letter to the stranger on Facebook, earning her hundreds of supportive messages and tweets. "For me it's about sending a message of body positivity," she told PEOPLE. "I don't advocate being overweight, but I advocate being comfortable enough with yourself to exercise without shame. We don't exercise so that we can look good for bullies, we exercise so we can live a healthy life."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-17-of-23-p-swift-and-her-husband-were-out-running-training-for-a-10k-when-a-random-man-in-a-wh_648308_.jpg?content=1" title="Swift and her husband were out running – training for a 10K – when a random man in a white van began... - Courtesy Lindsey Swift" />
- show off her svelte figure in an Instagram (hello, abs!), but Rousey spoke out about her feelings on the matter, revealing that she felt her "strongest" and "most beautiful" at 150 lbs., rather than her fighting weight of 135 lbs. "Now that I'm older, I've really begun to realize that my body has developed for a purpose and not just to be looked at," she said in a Cosmopolitan.com interview." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-18-of-23-p-like-many-others-weve-admired-rousey-for-her-take-charge-attitude-in-the-ring-but-i_55156_.jpg?content=1" title="Like many others, we've admired Rousey for her take-charge attitude in the ring – but it wasn't unti... - AKM-GSI" />
- took to Twitter to fire back. "While I admit that the dress didn't photograph as well as it did in my kitchen, I will also admit that I felt very pretty," she wrote. "I am perfectly fine, perfectly happy, and my healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off. Thanks for your concern. Love, cheesecake."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-19-of-23-p-after-mean-and-bored-people-on-the-internet-criticized-pinks-physique-in-a-black-pa_608314_.jpg?content=1" title="After mean (and bored) people on the Internet criticized Pink's physique in a black party dress, the... - Courtesy Pink" />
- got her sweet revenge when she unintentionally sparked a movement following a fat-shaming troll's nasty comment on Instagram. "Ugh, you will never have a beach body. You should eat less cake," read the comment left on a photo of Rushmore in a self-made swimsuit. The blogger chose to delete the comment and post a new photo with the hashtag "#CakewithCashmerette," which promoted supporters to post selfies of themselves eating cake. "It took something that could have just been a minor negative thing in my day, and it turned into this international movement of people being supportive and eating cake," she told PEOPLE. "And honestly, who doesn't love eating cake?"" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-20-of-23-p-rushmore-the-sewing-blogger-behind-cashmerette-a-href-http-www-people-com-article-b_462193_.jpg?content=1" title="Rushmore, the sewing blogger behind Cashmerette, got her sweet revenge when she unintentionally spar... - Courtesy Jenny Rushmore" />
- on Facebook, after being hit with negative social media remarks about her on-air appearances. By the way, she's pregnant with twins. Fehlinger's thoughtful post celebrated her own figure, and those of all expectant moms: "Even during the most uncomfortable – and let's face it, less than glamorous – symptoms of pregnancy, what women go through to bring their precious children into the world is, simply put, AMAZING and you should be lauded."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-21-of-23-p-the-local-philadelphia-television-meteorologist-took-a-stand-a-href-http-www-people_737447_.jpg?content=1" title="The local Philadelphia television meteorologist took a stand on Facebook, after being hit with negat... - Provided by TIME Inc." />
- she told USA Today in 2012, beautifully working in a cheeky sex-life humblebrag." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-22-of-23-p-the-singer-reads-nasty-youtube-comments-about-her-body-all-the-time-and-has-even-fi_325942_.jpg?content=1" title="The singer reads nasty YouTube comments about her body all the time – and has even fielded jabs from... - Christopher Polk/Getty" />
- write her own rebuttal in the form of an open letter, complete with advice for the man she called Simon. "I want you to encourage your daughter to love, enjoy and care for her body," she wrote. "It belongs to her and only her. Praise her intellect, and her creativity. Push her to push herself and to be fearless."" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/14/slide-23-of-23-p-after-going-on-what-seemed-like-a-pleasant-tinder-date-thomas-received-a-message-fr_309632_.jpg?content=1" title="After going on what seemed like a pleasant Tinder date, Thomas received a message from her potential... - Provided by TIME Inc." />
All eyes on Paul with shutdown looming .
As the Senate barrels toward the third government funding deadline of the year, Republicans appear in the dark about one key question: What will Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) do?The libertarian-minded senator caused an hours-long shutdown in February. He's yet to say if he'll give a repeat performance going into the midnight Frid ay deadline to avoid a partial closure."Shame, shame. A pox on both Houses - and parties. $1.3 trillion. Busts budget caps. 2200 pages, with just hours to try to read it," he tweeted on Thursday.Shame, shame. A pox on both Houses - and parties. $1.3 trillion. Busts budget caps. 2200 pages, with just hours to try to read it.
Saturday, 23 june 2018
Cynthia Nixon revealed her son Samuel is transgender in a sweet Instagram post on Friday. The candidate for New York governor, 52, shared an empowering message to her son Samuel — or Seph as he likes to be called — on Instagram during Trans Day of Action, June 22, with a #TBT photo from […]
Friday, 22 june 2018
Kim Kardashian West made her return to Paris Fashion Week on Thursday — her first Paris fashion week appearance since her 2016 robbery — and kept things simple (for her) when it came to her look. Kardashian West was on hand (along with her husband Kanye West) to support their friend […]
Saturday, 23 june 2018
<p>Vinnie Paul, drummer and founding member of the heavy metal band Pantera, died at the age of 54 Friday night, the band announced on Facebook. </p>Vinnie Paul, drummer and founding member of the heavy metal band Pantera, died at the age of 54 Friday night, the band […]
Friday, 22 june 2018
<p>XXXTentacion’s legacy will live on following his death on Monday.</p>The late Florida rapper, 20, was expecting a baby with his girlfriend, who remains unnamed, his mother, Cleopatra Bernard, revealed on Instagram […]
Friday, 22 june 2018
Sarah Hyland doesn’t hold back when it comes to updating fans on her ongoing health battles. Celebrity Health Scares The 27-year-old Modern Family star revealed in a Thursday, June 21, Instagram Story that she was forced to put her work on hold for a health scare. “Sometimes a selfie is […]
Friday, 22 june 2018
"I remain in complete support of my husband, and I believe that the truth will always win," the actress tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement."This is not a statement in defense; this is a statement of defense — defense for all the women who have been sexually abused, […]
Saturday, 23 june 2018
“I cannot let these children hurt any longer: Mi casa es la casa de ellos,” the actress wrote in a letter to an organization that offers temporary care for the kids.The actress, who is a Brooklyn native, penned a letter, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, to the CEO of Cayuga Centers, […]
Friday, 22 june 2018
The rapper's mom shared an image of a sonogram.Did gunned down rapper XXXTentacion have a baby on the way when he died? His mother sure is hinting that that's the […]