Entertainment Brad Kern Departs ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ Showrunner Post

17:06  17 may  2018
17:06  17 may  2018 Source:   variety.com

Lawsuit against 'NCIS' star Pauley Perrette denied by court due to ex-husband's history

  Lawsuit against 'NCIS' star Pauley Perrette denied by court due to ex-husband's history Former “NCIS” star Pauley Perrette won a small legal victory over her ex husband, who was trying to sue her for stalking and defamation. A California judge has ruled that he has insufficient evidence to file a proper lawsuit. As previously reported, Perrette’s ex husband, musician Francis “Coyote” Shivers, claimed that the 49-year-old actress previously broke into his home and assaulted a female guest while demanding that he take her back. However, Shivers has been known to the state of California as a vexatious litigant since 2008.

14) by Variety , " NCIS : New Orleans " executive producer and showrunner Brad Kern has twice been investigated by CBS TV Studios for alleged misconduct contributing to a hostile work environment since he assumed the reins of the show in January 2016.

Brad Kern , executive producer/ showrunner of NCIS : New Orleans , has been the subject of two Human Resources investigations by CBS TV Studios while working on the studio’s popular CBS crime procedural, sources said.

  Brad Kern Departs ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ Showrunner Post © CBS

Brad Kern has exited his role as showrunner on CBS’ “NCIS: New Orleans,” Variety has confirmed. Kern will no longer serve as executive producer or oversee the procedural drama. He will remain with the series in a consultant capacity.

A representative for CBS Television Studios, which produces the series, declined to comment.

Variety first reported in December that Kern was investigated twice in 2016 by CBS’ human resources department for his workplace behavior. Complaints against Kern included accusations of verbal harassment against women and making racially charged comments.

An internal investigation CBS found at the time Kern had made “insensitive” and “offensive” comments. However CBS concluded that there was no evidence of retaliation, harassment, discrimination or gender bias. The company communicated to staffers that “appropriate” action had been taken, and that Kern had undergone sensitivity training.

Pauley Perrette Responds To CBS Statement About Her 'Multiple Assaults' Claim

  Pauley Perrette Responds To CBS Statement About Her 'Multiple Assaults' Claim CBS’s acknowledgement of a “workplace concern” involving Pauley Perrette of the crime drama “NCIS” prompted a response from the actress on Tuesday. Perrette earlier posted a series of cryptic tweets saying she had endured “multiple physical assaults” and suggested that may have contributed to her departure from the show. “It’s horrifying,” she wrote. “I left.”CBS Television Studios issued a statement late Tuesday confirming that “over a year ago” Perrette ― who played forensic scientist Abby Sciuto on “NCIS” for 15 seasons before her final episode aired last week ― “came to us with a workplace concern.

Please read Variety's full article by clicking on the link below, there are some revealing details shared there, only a portion is shared here. Interviews with those who worked for “ NCIS : New Orleans ” — some of whom pre-dated Kern ’s arrival, some of whom departed this year

‘ NCIS : New Orleans ’ Showrunner Brad Kern Investigated Brad Kern took over the reins of “ NCIS : New Orleans ” as showrunner in January 2016, in the midst of its second season. Within a year, two separate HR

In a statement to Variety last year, a CBS spokesperson said, ““We were aware of these allegations when they took place in 2016, and took them very seriously. Both complaints were acted upon immediately with investigations and subsequent disciplinary action. While we were not able to corroborate all of the allegations, we took this action to address behavior and management style, and have received no further complaints since this was implemented.”

Salon first reported news of Kern’s exit from “NCIS: New Orleans.”

EXCLUSIVE-Manafort's former son-in-law cuts plea deal, to cooperate with govt-sources .
The former son-in-law of Paul Manafort, the one-time chairman of President Donald Trump's campaign, has cut a plea deal with the Justice Department that requires him to cooperate with other criminal probes, two people with knowledge of the matter said. The guilty plea agreement, which is under seal and has not been previously reported, could add to the legal pressure on Manafort, who is facing two indictments brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller in his probe of alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!