Entertainment Megyn Kelly Could Be on the Move at ‘Today’

16:13  12 june  2018
16:13  12 june  2018 Source:   thedailybeast.com

Jim Kelly to receive Jimmy V Award for battling cancer

  Jim Kelly to receive Jimmy V Award for battling cancer Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly says he's going to receive ESPN's Jimmy V Award for the toughness and perseverance he's displayed during his ongoing battle with oral cancer. Kelly says cable network officials informed him about 10 days ago that he will receive the honor at the ESPY Awards next month. He made the announcement Monday while attending his charitable foundation's 32nd golf tournament outside of Buffalo.

‘ Today ’ Execs Eager To Move Megyn Kelly ’s Show To Later Hour. The star’s program has suffered from low ratings. By Radar Staff. “No one at NBC thought Matt Lauer being fired could solve an ongoing problem facing the third hour of the show — Megyn Kelly ’s terrible ratings — but there is a

Make way for Megyn ! NBC 'to revamp the Today show and possibly move Hoda and Kathie Lee from their timeslot when Kelly joins the network'. This means she could be taking over Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford's timeslot, which they have held since the fourth hour started airing a decade ago.

a woman wearing a purple shirt© Mark Wilson/Getty

Struggling Megyn Kelly could be on the move at NBC.

Page Six reports Tuesday that Kelly could switch time slots on the Today show, changing places with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb’s 10 a.m. hour.

The rationale behind such a move is, according to Page Six, simple to fathom: The 10 a.m. hour is struggling, as those viewers who aren’t connecting with Kelly are ditching the network at 9 a.m. and not coming back.

Ratings published in October last year showed Kelly’s 9 a.m. slot down 32 percent compared to the time slot’s viewership in the previous year, which had a knock-on effect of reducing Gifford and Kotb by 26 percent in the hour afterward.

Mena Suvari Breaks Silence on Kevin Spacey Allegations: ‘Shocking’ and ‘Really Heart Wrenching’

  Mena Suvari Breaks Silence on Kevin Spacey Allegations: ‘Shocking’ and ‘Really Heart Wrenching’ Mena Suvari has broken her silence about the sexual assault accusations against her former American Beauty costar Kevin Spacey. The 39-year-old old actress, who is starring in Kyle Richards‘ upcoming Paramount Network show American Woman, opened up about the now-disgraced actor during a visit to Megyn Kelly Today on Tuesday. “I think with everything that I’ve been seeing that everyone’s been going through, it’s shocking,” Suvari said of the allegations. “It’s really heart-wrenching.” “It’s important to focus on the conversation that’s happening and the healing, the victims — the right thing that’s to come out of this,” she added. “That’s sort of what I try to hope for and focus on the most. It’s something that we’re truly changing and moving out of.” Want to keep up on the latest from PEOPLE? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our best stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox. Spacey won an Oscar for 1999’s American Beauty, playing a 42-year-old advertising executive who has a midlife crisis when he becomes sexually infatuated with Suvari’s character, his teenage daughter’s best friend. The film, by director Sam Mendes, picked up four other Academy Awards including Best Picture. Despite the controversy, Suvari still looks back on the film fondly. “For me, having the opportunity to work on American Beauty was something that was so special and so beautiful,” Suvari said. “I was so young and was so grateful to have a job.

The move could also mean that Kelly will be groomed to take over the anchor spot on Today , currently held by Savannah Guthrie, who is on maternity leave. A lead anchor role at ‘ Today ’ isn’t part of the conversation for Megyn .”

When I first heard Megyn Kelly was moving from Fox to NBC, I thought, "Bad move ." That's one of the reasons Megyn Kelly Today has flopped. The other reason is Megyn Kelly herself. And yet, Kelly 's committed to proving it can be done.

“It’s the smart move,” an insider told Page Six of the alleged plan of moving Kelly, who signed with NBC in January 2017 for a reported $20 million per year but has battled negative publicity and poorer than expected ratings ever since.

“At the very least that limits the damage already done to Hoda and Kathie Lee—maybe with a strong lead-in from Today at 9 a.m., they’ll even pick up some of the viewers they lost since Megyn went on the air.”

Loyal network insiders sought to rubbish the story, telling Page Six that Kelly’s numbers are heading upward, while another quipped it was “just another ‘timeless’ rumor about Megyn Kelly.”

However, the move would make sense for Kotb, who has successfully co-anchored the 7 to 9 a.m. slot since Matt Lauer resigned over sexual-misconduct allegations.

Kelly’s career at NBC has been checkered since she arrived there last year; her Sunday night NBC News show has gone to a “periodic” schedule after her controversial interview with conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, with whom she posed for selfies.

Kelly has, however, won praise in some quarters for her coverage of sexual-misconduct allegations in recent months—she herself has alleged she was subject to unwanted advances from the late Roger Ailes at Fox News and formally complained to News Corp. about Bill O’Reilly’s behavior toward some women.

Scott Baio Won't Be Charged by DA Over Nicole Eggert Accusations .
Former "Charles in Charge" star Scott Baio won't face charges from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office over accusations made by his former co-star Nicole Eggert. According to paperwork obtained by TheWrap, the DA's office chose to decline the case on Monday because the statute of limitations had expired. Also read: Scott Baio's 'Charles in Charge' Co-Star Rejects Nicole Eggert's 'Inappropriate' Relationship Accusation Alleging that Baio had sexually abused her while she was a teen working on "Charles in Charge" in the 1980s, Eggert filed a police report against Baio in February. The paperwork from the DA's office indicated that Eggert accused Baio of sexually assaulting her "in various ways between the ages of 14 and 17." During an interview with NBC's Megyn Kelly in January, Eggert said that Baio penetrated her with his finger when she was 14. Also read: 'Charles in Charge' Star Alexander Polinsky Says Scott Baio Sexually Harassed Him "That happened quite often, through the age of 16," she said of the alleged touching. "More than 10 times, more like probably once a week. And then on set, there was just a lot of groping, a lot of fondling, a lot of pulling me on his lap, trying to sneak kisses in the back, which other cast members saw." Baio had denied Eggert's accusations, saying that he had a consensual encounter with Eggert when she was of age. In a Facebook Live video in January,the actor said that Eggert "seduced me," though she wasn't a minor at the time. "My reputation is being damaged, my family is being put through this, and I'm done," Baio added.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!