Offbeat Authorities search for suspects in brutal beating of 92-year-old man

01:45  10 july  2018
01:45  10 july  2018 Source:   latimes.com

Woman arrested in brutal beating of grandfather who was told to 'go back to your country,' police say

  Woman arrested in brutal beating of grandfather who was told to 'go back to your country,' police say A woman was arrested Tuesday in connection with the brutal assault of a 92-year-old grandfather who was beaten in the face with a brick and allegedly told to “go back to your country” in southern California on July 4, police said Wednesday. Laquisha Jones, 30, was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Jones is accused of attacking Rodolfo Rodriguez, leaving him with two broken ribs, a broken cheekbone and bruising throughout his body.Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said the weapon -- a brick -- has not been located and officials are determining if there are other suspects involved.

Authorities in Southern Los Angeles are searching for multiple suspects shown in a video using a brick to brutally beat a 92 - year - old man to the ground on Wednesday.

Police are searching for multiple suspects after an attack on a 92 - year - old man in his South Los Angeles neighborhood was caught on video on Wednesday.

a boy lying on a bed © KTLA Authorities are searching for multiple suspects following an attack on a 92-year-old man in South Los Angeles last week.

Rodolfo Rodriguez had gone out for his daily walk in Willowbrook about 7 p.m. July 4 when he was assaulted, according to a GoFundMe campaign set up by Rodriguez’s family. Rodriguez has a broken cheekbone and bruises on his face.

His family told KTLA that a woman confronted Rodriguez after he reportedly bumped into a little girl who was with her. Rodriguez was then struck from behind and “as he fell on the ground, he blacked out,” according to Det. Matt Luna, with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Authorities do not believe attack on 91-year-old grandfather is a hate-related incident

  Authorities do not believe attack on 91-year-old grandfather is a hate-related incident  Rodolfo Rodriguez was attacked by several people after reportedly bumping into a little girl on his daily walk in South Los Angeles. Detectives do not believe an attack on a 91-year-old man on the Fourth of July is a hate related incident, authorities said.On Tuesday night, Century Station detectives arrested Laquisha Jones, who is suspected of being involved in the assault, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Jones, 30, was booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.Rodriguez had gone out for a walk in Willowbrook about 7 p.m.

RAW: Search for man who punched clerk. These photos of a bloodied 92 - year - old grandfather just moments after his family says he was attacked by this woman armed with a brick used to hit him in the face and several other men who later jumped in.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man and woman have been arrested and charged in connection with the brutal attack on a 75- year - old man in Authorities said a woman kept watch as a lookout while a man attacked the victim. Police sources told CBS2 the two suspects were caught shoplifting at the

“The mom pushes him to the floor and grabs the brick and starts beating on him,” Rodriguez’s grandson, Erik Mendoza, told KTLA. Then, a few other men joined in, Mendoza said.

A witness driving by when the incident occurred said she also saw a few men assaulting Rodriguez while he was on the ground, Luna said. The witness told KTLA that she also came under attack after she tried to help but was able to take a photo of the woman.

A few news outlets reported the witness said she heard the woman telling Rodriguez, “Go back to your country.”

“She wasn’t sure, but it sounded like she had said something to that effect. We’re still trying to verify if that was said or not,” Luna said. "She isn’t sure if she said go back to Mexico, or this isn’t Mexico."

There were possibly three to four other men who were involved in the attack, Luna said.

“We have a witness that can identify the female, but that’s it,” Luna said. “We have no leads at this time.”

brittny.mejia@latimes.com

Twitter: @Brittny_Mejia

UPDATES:

3:05 p.m.: This article was updated with additional details from the detective.

This article was originally published at 9:45 a.m.

Authorities investigate deadly shooting in South Sacramento .
<p>The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department is investigating an overnight shooting in South Sacramento that left a woman dead.</p>Shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday, a man flagged down California Highway Patrol officers near the intersection of Florin Road and Stockton Boulevard, according to a news release from Sheriff's Department spokesman Shaun Hampton.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!