Politics Trump settles lawsuit against celebrity chef

15:41  11 april  2017
15:41  11 april  2017 Source:   CBS News

Twitter refuses U.S. order to disclose user behind anti-Trump account

  Twitter refuses U.S. order to disclose user behind anti-Trump account <p></p><p>Twitter Inc on Thursday refused to reveal the user behind an account opposed to President Donald Trump's tough immigration policies and said it was challenging the demand for records by the U.S. government in court, according to a lawsuit.</p>The lawsuit over the account @ALT_uscis, claimed to be run by at least one federal immigration employee, was filed in federal court in San Francisco, where Twitter is based. The acronym CIS refers to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the account's description refers to itself as "immigration resistance.

Lawsuits involving the hotel are now likely to drag on after Trump takes the oath of office on Jan. 20. The president-elect also has a similar suit against celebrity chef José Andrés, who pulled out of plans to open Despite that settlement , Trump has often spoke about his reluctance to settle legal battles.

The agreement between Trump and famed chef Geoffrey Zakarian, announced Monday by lawyers, comes three days after the Trump organization settled a similar breach-of-contract lawsuit he filed against celebrity chef José Andrés.

The Trump International Hotel at 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, is seen Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2016 in Washington.: ap-16356701959159.jpg © Alex Brandon, AP ap-16356701959159.jpg

The Trump Organization has settled another lawsuit with a celebrity chef. 

The company had sued Geoffrey Zakarian, a Food Network star, for breach of contract after he refused to open a restaurant in the Trump Organization’s new Washington, D.C. hotel. On Monday, lawyers announced that the suit had been settled, just days after a similar suit against Jose Andres was settled.

Both chefs pulled out of the hotel when, on the campaign trail in 2015, Mr. Trump made derogatory remarks about undocumented Mexican immigrants. Mr. Trump then sued both chefs for $10 million, which was met by an $8 million countersuit from Andres. 

The details of both settlements are secret. “After an intense, two-year legal battle, we are pleased we were able to amicably resolve our differences and wish Geoffrey continued success,” read a statement from Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr., who have taken control of the family business while their father is president.

The Trump Organization’s hotel on Pennsylvania Ave., which is now the site of semi-regular protests against the administration, eventually opened up a BLT Prime restaurant from chef David Burke. 

Comedian Katt Williams pleads no contest to taking camera .
Comedian Katt Williams was sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to stealing a celebrity photographer's camera.&nbsp;Los Angeles prosecutors said Monday that Williams will also need to attend anger management classes.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!