Sport Price welcomes baby boy on day of 1st rehab start

23:00  19 may  2017
23:00  19 may  2017 Source:   theScore

Price fans side in 1st inning of rehab start

  Price fans side in 1st inning of rehab start David Price made a rehab start with the Pawtucket Red Sox on Friday.David Price throwing

The article you requested was not found. NFL's wild opening round could yield more surprises on Day 2.

This site is currently unavailable. If you are the account holder, please contact customer service.

  Price welcomes baby boy on day of 1st rehab start © Jim McIsaac / Getty Images Sport / Getty What timing for David Price.

Set to make his first rehab start Friday with Triple-A Pawtucket, the Boston Red Sox left-hander received a special gift early in the morning when his son Xavier was born.

Price's former teammate and Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman broke the news.


It's not known if the birth of his son will prevent him from pitching in Buffalo.

Price, who is recovering from an elbow injury, was previously slated to pitch in a rehab game Sunday for Pawtucket, but inclement weather forced him to throw a 75-pitch simulated game indoors instead. He finished the outing with encouraging results.

Price fans side in 1st inning of rehab start

  Price fans side in 1st inning of rehab start David Price made a rehab start with the Pawtucket Red Sox on Friday.David Price throwing

Kendra Wilkinson Welcomes a Baby Boy !

Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html <. html>

500 Internal Server Error

.

"I used everything," Price said. "I threw all of my pitches to both sides of the plate. I did it really well today."

Should Price come out of his first rehab start without any complications, it's believed he could rejoin the Red Sox and make his season debut next week.

“We'll re-evaluate following Friday and wouldn't rule out his return to us if everything goes according to plan," Red Sox manager John Farrell said Sunday, according to John Tomase of WEEI.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Related photos: 2017 MLB season (provided by photo services)

Kyle Busch considering driving full-time in Truck Series to attempt NASCAR championship trifecta .
Whenever Kyle Busch decides to walk away from the Cup Series, don't expect him to walk away from NASCAR all together. The 32-year-old driver, who already has an Xfinity Series championship and a Cup Series title to his name, says he could be willing to stay in the sport an extra season in an attempt to become NASCAR's first driver to win a championship in all three of the national touring series. The only title missing is a championship in the Camping World Truck Series, a circuit in which Busch captured his 48th career victory in on Friday night at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!