Sport Report: UFC reinstates Cormier as champion after Jones' positive drug test

04:45  14 september  2017
04:45  14 september  2017 Source:   theScore

Florida Atlantic reinstates WR Woods despite still facing felony battery charges

  Florida Atlantic reinstates WR Woods despite still facing felony battery charges BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) Florida Atlantic has reinstated wide receiver Kalib Woods to the football team, even though he still faces felony battery charges stemming from a fight in January. Owls coach Lane Kiffin says Woods will not be on scholarship.

UFC president Dana White, who is expected to speak with media members late Tuesday, shot down reports that Jones , 30, had been immediately stripped of his belt and that Cormier was reinstated as champion .

The UFC have refused to name the banned substance Jones tested positive for, but reports White admitted should Jones be found guilty, Cormier will be reinstated as champion and Jones may never fight in MORE: Dana White says Jon Jones ’ UFC career could be over after latest failed drug test .

  Report: UFC reinstates Cormier as champion after Jones' positive drug test © Troy Taormina / USA TODAY Daniel Cormier is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion after Jon Jones' July 29th win was overturned due to a positive drug test.

As per Marc Raimondi of MMAFighting.com, Cormier confirmed to "UFC Tonight" that UFC President Dana White told him he's the titleholder once again, one day after the California State Athletic Commission overturned Jones' victory.

"If it's a no-contest, then the fight didn't happen," Cormier said. "(White) said, 'If one of you guys would have missed weight, he would have won the title, but you still would have kept the belt. Because of that, the championship is getting returned to you.'"

The decision marks the third time in Jones' career that he's been stripped of the title.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

N. Korea official says North may consider hydrogen bomb on Pacific Ocean - Yonhap .
North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho said on Friday he believes the North could consider a hydrogen bomb test on the Pacific Ocean of an unprecedented scale, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported. Ri was speaking to reporters in New York when he was asked what North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had meant when he threatened in an earlier statement the "highest level of hard-line countermeasure in history" against the United States.North Korea could consider a hydrogen bomb test, Ri said, although he did not know Kim's exact thoughts, Yonhap reported.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!