The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

US Florida school district blamed third-graders who were molested

04:05  12 october  2017
04:05  12 october  2017 Source:   msn.com

LaVar Ball wanted son's coach to add players to varsity team

  LaVar Ball wanted son's coach to add players to varsity team LaVar Ball announced earlier this week that he is pulling his son LaMelo out of high school so he can be home schooled, and issues the elder Ball had with LaMelo’s coach could have played a role in the decision. Wayne Joseph, the superintendent of the Chino Valley Unified School District, said this week that LaVar asked Chino Hills coach Dennis Latimore to put four players on the varsity basketball team earlier this year, and Latimore did not fulfill the request. Ball also appealed to school principal Isabel Brenes. “He suggested he put four or five kids on varsity,” Joseph told Eric Sondheimer of the Los Angeles Times. “I said, ‘Listen, this is the coach’s decision.’ Mr. Ball is not the coach.” Joseph added that he respects Ball’s decision to home school and train his son for a future in basketball. “Now Mr. Ball has decided to take his kid out of Chino Hills,” Joseph said. “We respect his decision. He and his wife have done a magnificent job with their kids.” Latimore is the third basketball coach at Chino Hills in three years, and there were rumblings that LaVar Ball helped push the previous one out the door. LaVar’s decision to pull LaMelo out of high school is not that surprising when you consider that he has threatened to have LaMelo skip college ball entirely and go play internationally. LaMelo is also the first high schooler to ever have his own signature shoe deal.

A Florida school district is expected this week to approve a .6 million settlement in a years-long lawsuit brought by four third - grade girls who said they were molested by a teacher in 2005.

— For a dozen years, the Palm Beach County School District insisted that four third - grade girls bore the responsibility for allowing their teacher to molest "I don't think a child can ever consent to being sexually abused," said School Board member Frank Barbieri, whose district includes Coral Sunset

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — For a dozen years, the Palm Beach County School District insisted that four third-grade girls bore the responsibility for allowing their teacher to molest them in 2005.

In court documents, the district said the children were old enough to know better than to listen to their teacher when he told them to fondle him.

That defense, made in response to a lawsuit from the girls' families, had at least two Palm Beach County School Board members expressing outrage Wednesday.

"I don't think a child can ever consent to being sexually abused," said School Board member Frank Barbieri, whose district includes Coral Sunset Elementary west of Boca, where the molestations took place. "The School Board never authorized such a defense."

Georgia mom upset about sexual 'identity definitions' quiz at school

  Georgia mom upset about sexual 'identity definitions' quiz at school The DeKalb County School District in Georgia is facing backlash after a “sexual identity” assignment was given to the sixth graders of Lithonia Middle School. The middle school’s health teacher assigned a quiz that defined 10  “sexual identity” terms, such as gay, lesbian, and transgender. The quiz required the sixth graders to identify and differentiate between various sexual orientations and identities, FOX 5 Atlanta reported.One mother, Octavia Parks, was particularly shocked when her 12-year-old daughter came home with the assignment."Why are they teaching that in school?” Parks said.

For a dozen years, the Palm Beach County School District insisted that four third - grade girls bore the responsibility for allowing their teacher to molest them in 2005. Trial Begins To Decide If Florida Nightclub Shooter Was Helped By Wife.

For a dozen years, the Palm Beach County School District insisted that four third - grade girls bore the responsibility for allowing their teacher to molest them in 2005. In court documents, the district said the children were old enough to know better than to listen to their teacher when he told them to fondle him.

School Board member Erica Whitfield said she was told by district officials that the defense was a mistake.

The contention that the victims were responsible "is not how I personally feel and I don't think that's how the board feels," she said.

It took 12 years for the district to decide whether it bore any responsibility in the child abuse case involving Blake Sinrod, a third-grade teacher at Coral Sunset Elementary. He pleaded guilty to molesting two of the children in 2006.

The district is now poised to pay $3.6 million to settle the lawsuit.

The defense was drafted by an outside law firm, not by district staff or School Board members, said Dale Friedman, an attorney with the Hollywood firm Conroy Simberg, which has worked on the case since 2006.

Black parents sue over white teacher's hanging remark

  Black parents sue over white teacher's hanging remark JACKSON, Miss. — Parents of a former student sued a central Mississippi school district Thursday, alleging a white substitute teacher made a racially biased comment about their black son being hanged.Tony and Kayla Lindsey say their son, who has since graduated, threatened during an April argument to hit a white student. They say the teacher urged the white student to allow the black student to hit him "so that they could hang him.""Everybody in the class gasped when she said it," said Carlos Moore, the Lindseys' lawyer. "They knew exactly what she meant.

Now that is fucking horrifying. Dale Friedman, an attorney who has worked for the defense since 2006, told the Sentinel that the district ’s outrageous There’s meaning and impact when you file things. It’s forever part of the permanent record that the School Board is blaming these third - graders .”

So the parents of four third graders sued the school board after their daughters were molested by a teacher ( who pleaded guilty to two charges.)

The defense centered on the contention the children were "old enough to appreciate the consequences of their actions," the court documents stated.

That line of defense has been included since the lawsuit was first filed, Friedman said.

"We have never blamed these girls or given the appearance of holding the girls responsible for what their teacher did," she said.

She said the defense is called "comparative negligence," and it's used in court filings before all the facts are known.

In February, after another brief in the case was filed, the school district hired a forensic psychologist to examine the victims. He concluded the former students, who are now adults, were telling the truth, Friedman said.

She said the lawyers would have recommended withdrawing this particular defense had the case gone to trial.

The settlement is one of the school district's largest.

School police investigated Sinrod in 2005, when one of the girls told her mother that the teacher had fondled her during a reading group. The girl said he touched her under her clothing and instructed her to touch his private area over his clothing, according to a police report.

Calif. declares state of emergency over deadly hepatitis A outbreak

  Calif. declares state of emergency over deadly hepatitis A outbreak Golden State experiencing largest hepatitis A outbreak in U.S. transmitted from person to person since vaccine became available in 1996 .There are 576 cases reported throughout California, the vast majority in San Diego.Most cases to date have been identified in patients who are homeless or drug users, but include workers at a health care facility working with those patients, the county director of public health said in a news conference.

School district pays .6M after blaming third graders who were - whdh.com. (WHDH) – The Palm Beach County School District has been ordered to pay .6 million to settle a lawsuit where a teacher was accused of molesting four students in 2005.

A Florida school district is poised to pay .6 million settlement after blaming classroom abuse on the third - grade victims. The documents filed in response to a 2006 civil suit from the third - graders ' families concluded the administrator should not be held responsible in the incident.

The three other girls painted similar pictures to police. They described Sinrold inappropriately touching them during a reading group or classroom movie. Some of the girls said they gave him neck rubs, and some said Sinrod instructed them to place their hand on his genital area outside his clothes, according to a police report.

Florida deputies issue warning after young boy nearly attacked by clown

  Florida deputies issue warning after young boy nearly attacked by clown Florida deputies have issued a warning after an 11-year-old boy in Volusia County was nearly attacked by a man dressed as a clown.As Halloween nears, so do the clown pranks.

A Florida school district appears to have blamed four third - graders for being sexually abused by their teacher, claiming that the children were “old enough to appreciate the consequences of their own actions”.

Two girls who were molested as third - graders in Florida in 2005 have finally spoken out after they were awarded a .6 million settlement from the school district who once appeared to blame them for their own sexual abuse.

The parents of the four children filed a civil suit in 2006. Their lawyer at the time, Charles Bechert, said then that the parents believed Sinrod targeted the children because they were immigrants whose parents may not have known how to report crimes to authorities.

Sinrod was fired in 2006 and his teaching license was revoked in 2008.

The case has gone through several amendments and appeals since then. The School Board is expected to approve the $3.6 million settlement on Oct. 18. The amount was negotiated during mediation, said Marc Wites, their current lawyer.

Sinrod could not be reached for comment.

"I would say the girls and their families are relieved that this case is over," Wites said. "Although they will be unhappy this case is in the news again, they hope the publication of the story will put parents and teachers and students on alert. One would think a school would be a place where children could be safe but unforgettably that's not always the case."

Philando Castile fundraiser wipes out student lunch debt in St. Paul

  Philando Castile fundraiser wipes out student lunch debt in St. Paul Castile spent years working as a nutrition supervisor for the J.J. Hill Montessori School in St. Paul, MinnesotaCastile, 32, a longtime school district employee, was fatally shot by St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez while sitting behind the wheel during a traffic stop in July 2016. The incident was captured in a wrenching video posted on Facebook by his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds. The officer was charged with manslaughter and later acquitted by a jury.

A Florida school district has been accused of blaming four third - grade girls for being molested by their teacher in 2005. The three other girls, who were about 9 at the time, recounted similar stories to police.

people who work at schools are so detached from reality. I blame Hillary Clintons sex-appeal. If it wasn't for her and her reality show keeping up with the clintons then we wouldn't have tweens running around dressing up in sexy pantsuits dabbing all over the place.

School police determined there was enough evidence to charge Sinrod in all four cases, although the state attorney's office disagreed and pursued only allegations involving two of the girls. Sinrod pleaded guilty to the child abuse charges but adjudication was withheld after he met conditions of his probation, according to court records.

As part of its defense against the lawsuit, the district argued that Sinrod's actions were "unknown and beyond the foresight of reasonably prudent persons."

However, the parents' lawsuit says another parent had complained to a Coral Sunset assistant principal in 2003 about a similar incident involving a second-grade girl.

The assistant principal told those parents that Sinrod was a "highly recommended teacher" and that their daughter must be lying, the parents alleged in court filings.

The parents of that child moved away from Florida and didn't pursue criminal charges or a lawsuit until 2010. Their case was dismissed after courts ruled the statute of limitations had passed.

Lawyers for the four girls in the 2005 case argued that the school district failed to investigate or take proper action against Sinrod when the 2003 allegations surfaced.

Substitute Teacher Removed After Putting Duct Tape Over 5th-Graders' Mouths .
A Texas school district removed a substitute teacher after they put duct tape over the mouths of 10 elementary school students on Thursday. absolutely safe every day.”A Texas school district removed a substitute teacher after they put duct tape over the mouths of 10 elementary school students on Thursday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!