World Man Survives Shark Attack: 'He Bee-Lined Straight at Me'

00:05  17 april  2018
00:05  17 april  2018 Source:   Inside Edition

Shark attack halts Australia surf competition

  Shark attack halts Australia surf competition A shark attack on a surfer in Australia has forced the temporary suspension of an international surfing competition. The victim, a man in his 30s, was bitten on the leg by a shark off Gracetown in Western Australia on Monday morning. He managed to paddle back to shore and a rescue helicopter ferried him to hospital. Surf photographer Peter Jovic told the ABC news he had witnessed the attack. "[I] saw the guy who had been attacked get separated from the [surf] board and then start to paddle for an inside wave, which he managed to body surf all the way in," he said.

Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you. "It actually made me more worried. I thought maybe he was going out or something. But even after the scary ordeal, the shark attack survivor tried to convince news reporters to swim in the ocean naked.

Shark Simon Williams has spoken of his relief at surviving a potentially life-threatening encounter with Australian surfer, Mick Fanning. “I was stunned, but thankfully after a couple of punches he left me alone and I could make good my escape.”

Man Survives Shark Attack: 'He Bee-Lined Straight at Me' © Provided by CBS Interactive Inc. Man Survives Shark Attack: 'He Bee-Lined Straight at Me'

An Australian surfer was attacked by a shark just over a mile away from where another man was more seriously mauled Monday.

Jason Longrass, 41, was surfing at Lefthanders beach near Gracetown in Western Australia when a shark bit his right leg and his board, according to reports.

"He just headed in straight for me, bee-lined straight at me and I went to slap the water but then he made a sudden acceleration and just nailed the board," Longrass said.

Longrass was somehow able to fight off the shark and get back to shore with only minor injuries that were treated at the scene.

Man bitten by shark, bear, snake in less than 4 years

  Man bitten by shark, bear, snake in less than 4 years When Dylan McWilliams was bitten by a shark Thursday in Hawaii, it meant he had been bitten by a shark, a bear and a rattlesnake – all in less than four years. “I don’t know,” McWilliams told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser on Friday. “I’m either really lucky or really unlucky.”Not surprisingly, the 20-year-old from Grand Junction says he spends a lot of time outdoors.In Thursday’s attack, about 50 yards from Shipwreck’s Beach off Poipu, McWilliams suffered deep cuts to one of his legs, but the injury wasn’t life-threatening, Hawaii News Now reported.

“When it first happened I was like, ‘you mother [expletive],’” Matsu said as he thought back on the first attack . “As soon as I hit the water it latched on into my right shoulder, looking right at me .” The shark then took the Volcano man down three to five feet in the water and started to shake him .

Try our Advanced Search. California Man Narrowly Survives Shark Attack . “ He came up, straight underneath me like this, and the whole kayak was probably lifted out of the water like that.

Alejandro Travaglini, who was attacked 1.5 miles away while surfing near Gracetown, wasn't quite so unscathed.

Travaglini, 37, was attacked around 8 a.m. and was able to claw his way to the beach despite having suffered serious wounds to both legs.

Paramedics treated Travaglini at the beach before he was airlifted more than 150 miles to the city of Perth for treatment at a hospital.

Two hours later, witnesses said a 13-foot shark was spotted off a nearby beach.

The attack prompted the World Surf League to postpone the nearby Margaret River Pro international surfing contest.

Russia, Syria trying to 'sanitize' chemical attack site - U.S. State Dept .
The United States has credible information that Russia and Syria are trying to "sanitize" the site of a suspected chemical weapons attack in Syria while also attempting to delay access by inspectors from the Organisation for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons, a State Department spokeswoman said on Thursday. "We have credible information that indicates that Russian officials are working with the Syrian regime to deny and to delay these inspectors from gaining access to Douma ...

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!