World 'Our Doors Are Always Open': North Korea Hits Out at U.S. Travel Ban

16:06  04 august  2017
16:06  04 august  2017 Source:   NBC News

'Hotel of Doom' in North Korea unveiled after decades of setbacks

  'Hotel of Doom' in North Korea unveiled after decades of setbacks North Korea on Thursday quietly unveiled its pyramid-shaped landmark -- dubbed the "Hotel of Doom" -- after decades of embarrassing setbacks to construct the 105-story lodging dubbed the world's tallest unoccupied building. 6 Cash Back Credit Cards That Payoff Big Do You Qualify? Sponsored by CompareCards A new red propaganda sign sits outside the Ryugyong Hotel with the slogan: "Rocket Power Nation." Walls surrounding the massive structure were removed on the anniversary of the Korean War armistice, revealing two walkways leading up to the futuristic building.

" Our doors are always open for all Americans who visit our country out of good will and wish to see our reality," the spokesman said. The U . S . State Department said earlier this week the ban would take effect on Sept.

no page selected US travel ban takes effect, Trump administration reverses policy on fiancés.

Image: North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un© North Korean leader Kim Jong Un waves at an undisclosed location in a picture released by the govern... Image: North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea has criticized Washington's decision to ban U.S. passport holders from visiting the North, with state media describing it on Friday as a "sordid" attempt to limit human exchanges.

The North's KCNA news agency, citing an unidentified spokesman for the foreign ministry, said there was no reason for foreigners to feel threatened while in North Korea and that citizens from around the world were encouraged to visit.

"Our doors are always open for all Americans who visit our country out of good will and wish to see our reality," the spokesman said.

New U.S. Rules Would Ban Most Travel to North Korea

  New U.S. Rules Would Ban Most Travel to North Korea The Trump administration is expected Wednesday to publish new rules that would make it all but impossible for most Americans to visit North Korea. The decision, which will be published in the Federal Register, comes after the death in June of Otto Warmbier, the 22-year-old University of Virginia student who was imprisoned by the communist state for more than a year and spent much of that time in a coma. The travel restrictions will go into effect 30 days after the official publication of the notice.Under the new rules, the U.S. State Department declared all U.S.

“ Our doors are always open for all Americans who visit our country out of good will and wish to see our reality,” a foreign ministry spokesman said. The U . S . State Department announced this week that the ban will take effect Sept.

North Korea fired intercontinental ballistic missile. The 3 senators who sank the Republican health care push. Watchdog group seeks probe into EPA chief' s travel . Linkin Park singer' s widow opens up about his death: 'I lost my soul mate'. The Doors ' guitarist reflects on 'Light My Fire' 50 years later.

The U.S. State Department said earlier this week the ban would take effect on Sept. 1, although some, including journalists and humanitarian workers, may apply for exceptions.

The ban will make reclusive North Korea the only country to which U.S. citizens are banned from traveling.

It follows the death in June of U.S. student Otto Warmbier, who was sentenced in North Korea last year to 15 years' hard labor for trying to steal a propaganda item from his hotel.

Warmbier was in a coma when he was released by the North on humanitarian grounds and circumstances of his death remain unclear.

KCNA did not name Warmbier in Friday's report but said the North had delivered "just punishment" to some U.S. citizens who had carried out acts against the regime.

US urges Americans to leave North Korea before ban kicks in

  US urges Americans to leave North Korea before ban kicks in The United States is urging Americans in North Korea to get out before a travel ban goes into effect on Sept. 1. The State Department is issuing a new travel warning for North Korea that reflects the Trump administration's new travel ban. That ban was announced last month and was published Wednesday in the Federal Register. That triggers a month-long period before it takes effect.The warning says exceptions to the travel ban need special permission that will only be granted "under very limited circumstances.

" Our doors are always open for all Americans who visit our country out of good will and wish to see our reality," the spokesman said. The U . S . State Department said earlier this week the ban would take effect on Sept.

“ Our doors are always open for all Americans who visit our country out of good will and wish to see our reality,” the spokesman said. The U . S . State Department said on Monday that the ban would take effect on Sept.

Image: Otto Frederick Warmbier© Otto Frederick Warmbier is taken to North Korea's top court in Pyongyang on March 16, 2016. Image: Otto Frederick Warmbier

North Korea is currently holding two Korean-American academics and a missionary in addition to a Canadian pastor and three South Korean nationals who were doing missionary work.

"There is no country in the world that would let foreigners who commit this sort of crime be," the spokesman said. "Ruling criminals by the law is exercising our confident right as a sovereign state."

The report said the ban reflects Washington's view of Pyongyang as an enemy and reiterated that President Donald Trump's administration should abandon its hostile policies towards the North.

Republican U.S. Representative Joe Wilson, who introduced the bill to ban Americans from traveling to North Korea this year, has said hundreds of Americans are among the roughly 4,000 to 5,000 Western tourists who visit the North each year.

Aside from the threat of incarceration, North Korea's growing nuclear and missile threat is perhaps Trump's most serious security challenge.

The North test-launched an intercontinental ballistic missile last month that experts believe had the range to reach Alaska and Hawaii, and perhaps the U.S. Pacific Northwest.

Top US military officer warns NKorea that US military ready .
The top U.S. military officer is warning during a trip to Seoul that the United States is ready to use the "full range" of its military capabilities to defend itself and its allies from North Korea. A spokesman says Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford also told his South Korean counterparts Monday that the North's missiles and nukes threaten the world.Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is also meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in. He will then travel to Japan and China.The trip follows a week in which President Donald Trump waged a war of words with North Korea, declaring the U.S.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!